I read that Amazon will have own delivery service to compete with UPS! What say you?

Overpaid Union Thug

If you are referring to the Seeking Alpha articles on the BC homepage; well then i do find it troubling the number of times the author says incompetent. It's also peculiar to the writer how the company seems to care very very little about how woefully prepared we are for the spike in volume at peak, especially the last three peaks.
"Well we hired helpers, extra staff, double shift preload, drivers on the road 12 to 14 hours. What else can we do?".

The article refers to capacity, service levels, hell just delivering packages on time. And what is mgmt measuring: How to save a mile while driving around the block three times, delivering out the left side of the car, and then turning around in someone's driveway to leave.

BIG DISCONNECT!!! Been here over 27 years I would also like to enjoy my pension.
I wasn't able to finish that article without signing up. I didn't sign up. But I did get the vibe that the writer was rather biassed against UPS and FedEx. Probably due to being misinformed or uninformed about how well UPS handled peak for two years in a row. I did see the part where the article stated that we will be losing all of our Amazon volume soon and maybe more. I didn't get to read the rest to see what the "and maybe more" was about. But lately I've started to worry a little about this subject. For years it would only came out on this board (in one thread after another without end!) but now it's popping up on other sites. The one below is troubling.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-may-be-testing-secretive-air-cargo-service-2015-11

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
DHL was better equipped in ALL areas to take on UPS, they failed !!!
Amazon will do the same, unless they buy FedEx ground from friend Smith but that won't happen.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
DHL was better equipped in ALL areas to take on UPS, they failed !!!
Amazon will do the same, unless they buy FedEx ground from friend Smith but that won't happen.

Exactly. I'm tired of hearing about Amazon. How many more threads on this?

It's like ups never delivered anything before Amazon.

Trackless in brown

we make almost no money delivering Amazons crap anyway, I really wish UPS, Fedex, and the post office would tell Bezos to deliver his own crap, Amazon is run like a communist country anyway, they make no money, all the workers never get a raise , and the few at the top spend and enrich themselves .

bbsam

Staff member
we make almost no money delivering Amazons crap anyway, I really wish UPS, Fedex, and the post office would tell Bezos to deliver his own crap, Amazon is run like a communist country anyway, they make no money, all the workers never get a raise , and the few at the top spend and enrich themselves .
Actually, Amazon is the poster child for "Big Business" in America.

Overpaid Union Thug

I would love nothing more than never receiving another On Call to pick up an Amazon package and the 50 reasons they are sending it back.

Amazon having to deal with returns will be awesome.
Losing Amazon would result in more than a few layoffs in each center.

upschuck

Also, quit using us, and you are on your own at peak. Good luck with that!
upload_2016-1-9_16-31-53.png