I read that Amazon will have own delivery service to compete with UPS! What say you?

Overpaid Union Thug

Was always told, like a Few years back when the economy dumped - UPS will cut management before they cut full timers. As for pt covers, they might be on lack of work partial unemployment, I'm FT but hell I'd volunteer for a month or two of that.
Amazon gives us roughly a third of their volume. Look in the trucks in the morning everyday for about a week and take note of all the Amazon boxes. They make up to nearly a third of the volume on a substantial amount of the routes. Imagine if just half of that goes away. IE will collapse those routes.

Imagine if most, or all, of that volume goes away. Amazon isn't investing so much money in their own delivery service and network just to one day decide that it's not feasible and then give up. It will take time but not nearly as much as people seem to think. I'm hoping there are enough retirements in my center and i can move up the serenity list more before we really start losing enough volume to shake things up.

Amazon gives us roughly a third of their volume. Look in the trucks in the morning everyday for about a week and take note of all the Amazon boxes. They make up to nearly a third of the volume on a substantial amount of the routes. Imagine if just half of that goes away. IE will collapse those routes.

Imagine if most, or all, of that volume goes away. Amazon isn't investing so much money in their own delivery service and network just to one day decide that it's not feasible and then give up. It will take time but not nearly as much as people seem to think. I'm hoping there are enough retirements in my center and i can move up the serenity list more before we really start losing enough volume to shake things up.
I'm not worried about me. I fear for the lack of the next generation of drivers.

Also them not paying into my pension.

Last edited:

Trackless in brown

did anyone else notice the last week of before Christmas when Amazon had to get there stuff delivered who got all the volume??? didn't see too may lazership guys , they dumped it on us because they know we get the job done.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Delivering thousands to a single stop is much more profitable than 1 to a residential.
Not really its just the opposite of delivery. We pick it up from thousands of locations and deliver to 1.

Normally we pick up from 1 and deliver to thousands.

Star B

White Lightening
It could backfire and be less profitable because of the extra stops each day for packages "not ready/available"