I See This A Lot

H

hseofpayne

Are there any tests at UPS to determine mental stability?

Nope, but there are tests to determine if you are delivering or picking up pkgs or frolicking around in a DIY car wash! Be a shame to lose your jor over a $1.50 silly string, ooops I mean car wash! Getting paid to do unapproved work is STEALING!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Washing your car on rte is not a part of your job description and as such , if caught, you will be fired for STEALING from the company , unless of course you clock out and wash the car on YOUR time, not UPSs' time!
There is contractual language requiring the company to maintain the cars in a clean and sanitary condition. A driver who cleans his package car out on the clock isnt going to get fired for stealing time....if my windows and mirrors arent clean, I take care of it before I leave the building as a safety issue. Loose trash and debris blowing around in the cab is also a safety issue. This would never be upheld as theft of time.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Nope, but there are tests to determine if you are delivering or picking up pkgs or frolicking around in a DIY car wash! Be a shame to lose your jor over a $1.50 silly string, ooops I mean car wash! Getting paid to do unapproved work is STEALING!

Two words - lunch break.

The "JackAss" movie comment really got to ya, huh?

Now, for triple bonus points, plus what is behind door two, I guess you also gave them as Christmas presents? Come on, you can tell me....

H

hseofpayne

Two words - lunch break.

Now, for triple bonus points, plus what is behind door two, I guess you also gave them as Christmas presents? Come on, you can tell me....

I've become bored with this game, I find none of your replies humorous. I have been playing with 1/2 my clever and 2/3 of my wit tied behind my back. If you could all go to a private chat room and consolidate your efforts it would make this more interesting. I mean really, jackass movies; bonus points; Christmas presents? Is that the best y'all got?!

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I've become bored with this game, I find none of your replies humorous. I have been playing with 1/2 my clever and 2/3 of my wit tied behind my back. If you could all go to a private chat room and consolidate your efforts it would make this more interesting. I mean really, jackass movies; bonus points; Christmas presents? Is that the best y'all got?!

"Even a pair of deuces beats nothing"

H

hseofpayne

There is contractual language requiring the company to maintain the cars in a clean and sanitary condition. A driver who cleans his package car out on the clock isnt going to get fired for stealing time....if my windows and mirrors arent clean, I take care of it before I leave the building as a safety issue. Loose trash and debris blowing around in the cab is also a safety issue. This would never be upheld as theft of time.
HELLO! Halo man said he was going to the local DIY car wash and spend $1.50 on a car WASH , not windex and a trash bag! You guys have to do better! Now granted, if I were King of UPS and I caught him at the car wash on the clock, I would give a verbal warning and explain his job discription to him. If I caught him again, he would be fired, after he finished washing the car of course.

H

hseofpayne

Two words - lunch break.

We are to take our lunch break between the 3rd and 5th hour of duty. Failure to obet this can and will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.

UPS GIRL

We wash our own package cars at the local DYI carwash. It's on the clock & with company money. We're supposed to do it everyday, but I'm lucky if I have time to do it once a week. Some of the other drivers with lighter routes do a daily wash.

It's kinda fun! I get a lot of stange looks washing my big brown truck in full uniform. It's the most relaxing part of my day.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
We are to take our lunch break between the 3rd and 5th hour of duty. Failure to obet this can and will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.

Except when your loser of a sup demands that you take lunch after your done bailing his ass out of a jam, or else disciplinary action will occur, but thats a story for another thread.

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
When I was in Watertown, MA (a long time ago) we had an outside carwash, for half the building, that sometimes was attended and sometimes not. Either way we washed the cars every day. In Chelmsford we also had an outside carwash that sometimes worked, sometimes did not.

Now where I am I have not had my car washed for over a week, and it needs it. It is like everything else since we have gone public. Doing the job right is less important than making numbers. Don't get me wrong, I go back to '86 with UPS and it has always been about the numbers, but now in my opinion it is really going against the pride of service and appearance that were the hallmarks of UPS.

BCFan

I've only driven three Saturdays, I'm wet behind the ears, not enough under my belt, Yada Yada Yada, but..

I have not once yet entered a car in the morning without it having empty soda cans, water bottles, dirty papertowels all over, plastic shrink wrap, and dust/dirt so thick you can't read the gauges.

When I become a full time driver (give me another month), I have every intention of bringing my car to the local DIY powerwash & hosing down the interior driver's section before I start my run. $1.50 for a more comfortable day.
You might want to re-think that morning interior wash until you have emptied out the truck....most customers prefer their packages to be DRY when delivered.... Just a thought!:wink2: BC (not Beaver Cleaver)

I've only driven three Saturdays, I'm wet behind the ears, not enough under my belt, Yada Yada Yada, but..

I have not once yet entered a car in the morning without it having empty soda cans, water bottles, dirty papertowels all over, plastic shrink wrap, and dust/dirt so thick you can't read the gauges.

When I become a full time driver (give me another month), I have every intention of bringing my car to the local DIY powerwash & hosing down the interior driver's section before I start my run. $1.50 for a more comfortable day.
I applaud your exuberance, but you need to beware of a couple of facts. The newer trucks have lots of electronics located fairly low under the dash and some under the seat base. You DO NOT want to get those wet. The high power wash can and does sometimes get other things wet that should not be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you have time to do that in the morning then you will have time to run off these 5-10 NDA stops.

Thorn

A couple of Christmas's ago, I had a helper that wrote "Ho, Ho, Hell" in the dirt on the side of my truck and the overhead door. It stayed there until well after peak was done.