I think i need to file a grievance but scared..

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Why don't you simply go up to him and ask, "What the friend'?" I mean really, if you don't want to be a whipping boy, you have to show some backbone. Ask him what's going on. Let him know, through your assertiveness, that your a grown man and if he has an issue with you, you deserve the respect of an adult conversation. Do this in private so he understands your sincerity. Then, if he responds like a :censored2:, file grievance and document your open door conversation with him. It's hard to file the first grievance, but if it's valid you need to pull the trigger.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Im a very lay low, mind my own business employee who does above average numbers. My boss has something against me ever since i RTS'd something i didnt agree with. I didnt think he would take it so personally but now he seems always rude to me. Basically, acting butthurt and immature. And he is doing things against the contract towards me. I dont think he wants to fire me though is the thing, he is just intentionally a dick to me. Probably gonna start denying all my RO's the way its going..

I have something he DEFINATELY violated the contract against me for but dont want to post it on here. Anyways, its just awkward, so i should file a grievance. But if i file a grievance he may go from not liking me to, wanting to fire me. This is just awkward. Im just a lay low, do a good job employee. Im so confused how i got into this situation im currently in cause im usually loved and low drama haha.

You can't be fired for filing a grievance. If you come in and do your job every day (ie. not an attendance problem) and aren't goofing off, then you have nothing to worry about.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We all know that's coming. So what. If you're going to be so scared then just take whatever they dish out. Otherwise stand up and play the game

Sent using BrownCafe App
The way I see it is retaliation is against the contract too. Ill just keep piling the paper on them until they get the point that they won't intimidate me.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Go in early tomorrow walk around the building and every time a sup touches a package file a grievance. Go big!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If you think it's bad to fear retribution, nothing is worse than when that sup thinks he can push you around and have his way with you. Never sign anything you don't feel comfortable signing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Go in early tomorrow walk around the building and every time a sup touches a package file a grievance. Go big!

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's not quite that simple. You have to see supervisor working. Ask supervisor if they would like you to punch in since they obviously need help if they are doing work of an hourly. Then when they say no you file grievance as:

Saw supervisor X doing work of an hourly. Asked supervisor if they would like me to clock in and help out and they said no. I request all pay for time supervisor worked, (enter hours here)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If u want to know.. basically, what I RTS'd was regarding to being late. He wanted me to sign for being late months ago and I rts'd it. I think if u want to write someone up for being late u need to write them up that day or atleast that week. Different things can attribute to being late. For example, the parking lot was being paved with no prior warning and I had to park off lot because of no available spot. There is just a ton of random reasons for being late. So document it that day or dont bring it up again. However, me rts'ing this hurt his feelings when he use to praise me. And now hes condescending and mean to me. Its weird and uncomfortable. And he has said some :censored2:ed up :censored2: to me that is easily grievable. I dont want to grieve. I just like to lay low. But if I dont make the first move but I could pay for it later. Im just so baffled that this situation has even occured since I feel like I appease the union and management on the most ideal level. Work at an above average pace and follow the contract. Why em I being taunted and harrassed of all people? Im just so good but not amazing.. not a shiity employee and not a suck up employee. Just above average, avoid confrontation and now I have a target on me. How is this happening? I have a vendetta against me for barely standing up for myself. Again sorry for bad grammar, also posting from phone :p
This why PTers should always write things down when they happen. If you write down 6/2...was 15 min late to work because of car trouble..texted sup 30 min prior to start time. That way if things are brought up a month...3 months later...you can refer to your notes. I don't write things down everyday...except my hours worked,but I've had incidents where I call in sick or am assigned to sort high volume for a day...yet the next day, my name is listed on the misload sheet with 3 misloads...when I wasn't even there! Things like that get written down. Always cover your ass!

By The Book

The way I see it is retaliation is against the contract too. Ill just keep piling the paper on them until they get the point that they won't intimidate me.
I want you and your infectious ax attitude to transfer to my building ASAP. I will e mail you the form. Sincerely, looking for a few good men with a backbone.