I Voted No

Coldworld

60 months and counting

"I think we will see leadership put more of a focus on automation capabilities within sorting facilities," said Donnelly, senior analyst at Third Bridge Group. "That will, over time, insulate them more and more from near-term labor dynamics."
Then why is it that the two “automated” building I take loads to always has large banners on the perimeter near the road advertising that they are hiring??? They can’t get people to work here, even at 21 an hour…the company will have to start combining part time jobs into full time to even survive.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Then why is it that the two “automated” building I take loads to always has large banners on the perimeter near the road advertising that they are hiring??? They can’t get people to work here, even at 21 an hour…the company will have to start combining part time jobs into full time to even survive.
What we need to know is how many union employees are needed in the automated facility and how many are needed in a volume comparable non automated facility?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
102% Retirement today payout of 4400/month for 30 years retiring at 60 years old. We shouldn't be penalized for maintaining a strong fund.
At what point (percentagewise) does the government consider the fund overfunded?

....and what did your fund do differently to maintain a "strong fund"?

bumped

At what point (percentagewise) does the government consider the fund overfunded?

....and what did your fund do differently to maintain a "strong fun
I heard 710 was at the max at 120% funded. They need to pay out more before taking on any additional monies. I could find February 1st. 2021 was 106.9% funded, so the 120% is plausible.

I have no idea what our fund did differently. I don't know how our $4400 compares to what other funds are paying out. Our financial advisors may be better or luckier.

Nah
the problem is that while ups is paying a great overall compensation the union wont divvy up the money so that the pters get their fair share while subsidizing the fters...its communistic.....most pters wont last to retirement........dont blames ups for this situation but the onus is squarely on the union......perspective is such that pters do get ft benefits while working half the hours.......this situation has been a long time and Sean is doing a great job in rectifying this pt/ft inequality.. it wont happen satisfactory in this contract but in a huge step in the correct direction........I would vote a tepid yes
If PTers want more they can vote no until an acceptable offer is made. They control the vote.