I was part of this. I can only hope people will rally like they did then. It will happen again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you look at the 97 contract, to the current contract. Hoffa has given back everything that we went on strike for. I was very proud to be apart of that great movement. 804 and 89 members are fighting for all of us right now, we have got to get behind them. Strikes and aggression is all Ups understands. We make their money, our hard work, our customer contact, the extra things we do to make Ups number 1. Not pencil pushers and bean counters in Atlanta. Ups is buying this union, and settling hoffa's debts. If we dont get actual Ups members moving up the ladder at the international, and get rid of hoffa/hall 2016, Ups will keep laughing in our face
While I don't disagree with getting rid of Hoffa/Hall might be a good change, I certainly don't think Carey got much of anything in 1997 ... I am not aware of anything that was given back, it was never "had".

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
rofl.gif

All I got to say is thank heavens we have Fox News to report the TRUTH this time.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I disagree. 2018 has many issues of relevance that will need to be resolved. Such as teamsters continuing the negotiating of healthcare funding or letting members go into exchanges. By then we should have a good idea of how Obamacare will effect us and how we adapt accordingly. Pension control and a few other things that will come to a head at that point (Orion is not one of them). That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the IBT held back a punch knowing the big battle will be in 2018. The current affairs have many members thinking.... Thinking at the very least of social injustice, concession and union power. Im not making predictions or have a crystal ball. It's just my humble opinion for whatever it's worth.

I was around in 1997 and that is so far in the past. We have to live for today.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Dude, everytime you speak on this board, its right out of LALA land.

you said: "That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the IBT held back a punch knowing the big battle will be in 2018."

Is this how blind of a follower you are? Lets be crystal clear.

THE IBT got worked on this contract, and if you think after all the concessions given up in this and the last contract, that somehow the IBT still has something up their sleeve, then youve found your union specialty in delivering donuts.

We are NEVER going to get back anything we have lost in two contracts. 2018 will be the fight of our lives because the only thing left to take away from us is our pay rates and our pensions.

Hopefully, all the people you see around you today will be here in 2018 to see that "fight".

Where has HOFFA and HALL been for the last 9 months? Where is the leadership? Where is the tough talk? Where has the bravado gone after "we wont allow you to spend 90 dollars, 9 dollars or 9 cents"

Where has the IBT taken the bull by the horns and brought us together as a union? Where has the IBT stood by the employees side on this contract?

YET, somehow, in your infinite wisdom, you believe they have a punch left up their sleeve.

Your opinion ISNT "humble", its ludicrous.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

804brown

While I don't disagree with getting rid of Hoffa/Hall might be a good change, I certainly don't think Carey got much of anything in 1997 ... I am not aware of anything that was given back, it was never "had".
With Carey we had a guy who rose through the ranks and experienced the things we had. He got his hands dirty and always put members first because he never forgot where he came from. Management feared him and the members respected him. But most of all he told us the truth.

QKRSTKR

I make this and I don't need a degree. How will all these people with degrees working at Einstein Bagels feel about me when they don't have a pot to piss in.
Not my fault they majored in the study of sociology Of the 3rd tribe of pigmies out of Southern Africa with a minor in French literature from the 17 century and dropped 150k on it.

LagunaBrown

Dude, everytime you speak on this board, its right out of LALA land.

you said: "That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the IBT held back a punch knowing the big battle will be in 2018."

Is this how blind of a follower you are? Lets be crystal clear.

THE IBT got worked on this contract, and if you think after all the concessions given up in this and the last contract, that somehow the IBT still has something up their sleeve, then youve found your union specialty in delivering donuts.

We are NEVER going to get back anything we have lost in two contracts. 2018 will be the fight of our lives because the only thing left to take away from us is our pay rates and our pensions.

Hopefully, all the people you see around you today will be here in 2018 to see that "fight".

Where has HOFFA and HALL been for the last 9 months? Where is the leadership? Where is the tough talk? Where has the bravado gone after "we wont allow you to spend 90 dollars, 9 dollars or 9 cents"

Where has the IBT taken the bull by the horns and brought us together as a union? Where has the IBT stood by the employees side on this contract?

YET, somehow, in your infinite wisdom, you believe they have a punch left up their sleeve.

Your opinion ISNT "humble", its ludicrous.

TOS.

Or is your opinion ludicrous? You sport a troll tag for a reason. If you have not noticed its your fairy takes that never came true. Time will tell and I never said it would be our current leadership either . I said the IBT.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

You hit him where the light don't shine!

Get your Pom Poms

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Or is your opinion ludicrous? You sport a troll tag for a reason. If you have not noticed its your fairy takes that never came true. Time will tell and I never said it would be our current leadership either . I said the IBT.

Every once and a while, even a troll can hit the nail on the head.

Your opinions are ludicrous.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Get your Pom Poms

See....ludicrous.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Pass me a chocolate donut vs union advice, its seems to be your forte`.

TOS.

Jungle boy dee

Local 804 had balls the new slate dont know nothing we need redmen n donato back