I wonder what this cost the American tax payers???

island1fox

Back to the first post question. The answer is it will us cost 0 dollars.

Just another,

Hope I did not pull your question out of context. If it is referring to the vacation --it will be a cost to the taxpayer ---debate the validity or not.

Just the cost of the Secret service protection --their travel, food, expenses --The Secret Service does not operate cost free.

If that is your position --It matches totally with the President's mindset during the State of the Union Address.

Obama claimed he could put in dozens of new entitlement programs that would cost the taxpayer 0. ?????

Defit and debt out of control but everything COSTS nothing -----Makes sense ??:wink2:

Now I will concede that in the scope of our Budget problems this is miniscule --but that is also a problem --because Obama claims all spending is miniscule except for letting our children tour the White House or have an Easter egg hunt on the White house lawn.:sad-little:

What would cost more ? The daughters spring vacation to Mexico or an Easter egg hunt on the Lawn ???

With our economy so poor --at least the Obama family should vacation in AMERICA !!!

Just_another_day_at_work

Everybody is blaming the economy on Obama, what it has to do with him? He is not the FED chairman, that's helicopter Ben.
What I meant is for the current generation it cost literally nothing, most of our the taxes go to service the interest on the debt that piled up(ponzi scheme) during Clinton, Bushes etc.
So yes everybody gets paid and it's put on that pile of... and getting kicked down on the road.
The debt goes straight line up, don't matter who is the president, even whoever stuck in limbo/duality mode(two party cheer-leading) can see that, just gotta pull up a chart and a kid can see the pattern.
Money supply has to rise, we cannot afford to have deflation, as previously politicians and policy makers said we have infinite money, and we will QE to infinity at least they are honest on this one :biting:

island1fox

Poor economy is a fact --so many people hurting and out of work --we know what BIDEN'S one night trip to Paris cost us --a Hotel Bill over 500,000 dollars ---now someone please argue that it was nor EXCESSIVE !!!

island1fox

I spoke too quickly about good old down to earth man of the working class Joe Biden.

Make that ONE MILLION DOLLARS for two nights in Paris -Bull---- Close the White House down to children of the taxpayers ---but live like Kings off the taxes.

America --Wake up !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
American taxpayers pay the wages of gov't workers.....there is a bunch of those gov't workers who are deliquent in paying taxes..

Why doesn't the gov't hang on to some of that pay, while it's in their hands, to 'garnish' for the taxes and then pay the worker??

The facts show, that 1. Bush took more vacation than any other president in late. 2. Ran up the size of government (even thou they preach about reducing the size of govt) more than any president of late. 3. Destroyed our economy with a war of lies, and tax cuts for the rich. When Clinton left office he (Bush) was left a surplus of money, he went thru that, and raped our economy with his pea brained, Jesus driven decisions !! Also, to add, the stock market declined under Bush, during his 2 terms the market lost, under Clinton the market gained a whopping 237%. Those are facts that come from an unbiased website. I am sure if you go to Fox they will manipulate the numbers to make Bush look like a great guy. He was the WORST.. Hopefully Jeb wont run, and if he does, he can get his Daughter Nicloe, who STOLE A DOCTORS PRESCRIPTION PAD TO WRITE HERSELF XANAX PRESCRIPTIONS, to be the head of the FDA>>> And she of course served no jail time at all. Those Bush's are nothing but a uneducated jokes..
I can't decide if you are just behind on your reading or if you have a reading disability or choose to repeat the talking points of the liberal sheep.
1) Bush did spend a lot of time in Crawford, that is a fact. To go along with that fact is most of the time he was at the ranch he was continuing his duties from there . Heads of many foreign countries that would (under other presidents) be at the white house instead were in Crawford(How many heads of state were invited to the hotel in Hawaii?). These were all working vacations. Bush also quit playing golf during his presidency because he didn't think it right to play golf while we had military fighting a war.
2) the increase of the size of government under Bush was miniscule compared to the 0bamacare increase what hasn't even gotten off the ground yet.
3) I'll get to your "war of lies" statement in a minute or two. LOL, the so called "surplus" left to Bush by Clinton came about due to accounting rules changes, otherwise Clinton would had a deficit also. The 237% increase of the stock market was based on the dot.com bubble , they were destined to fail from the start. People eager to make a fast buck on day trading kept if going for a while but it could not sustain. Of course when the bottom fell out of the internet stock hallucination in 2001 , yep the stock market went down. Oh yea, it seems to me the market also took a plunge after 9/11/2001.
Now back to your "war of lies". I am inclined to agree there was a lot of lies told about the Irag situation. However we may disagree on just who was telling the lies. I'll give you a few examples of the horrific lies that helped lead us to invade Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein.
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.
"Together we must also confront the new hazards of chemical and biological weapons, and the outlaw states, terrorists and organized criminals seeking to acquire them. Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
President Clinton, Jan. 27, 1998
"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998.
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeleine Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

Want anymore quotes ? I've got 'em, will be happy to post them.

Your comments about Jeb and his daughter don't even deserve a reply.

The Secret Service agents covering the First Family work for free?
Scratch, he's playing with semantics. Most of us understand that when it is said, we or us are having to pay ...blah blah, we are referring to the US tax payer. His idea is that the cost of today's government will ultimately be paid by our children's children.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Scratch, he's playing with semantics. Most of us understand that when it is said, we or us are having to pay ...blah blah, we are referring to the US tax payer. His idea is that the cost of today's government will ultimately be paid by our children's children.

Never heard of the Lindbergh kidnapping?

Imagine, if you can, that you are a powerful politician/businessman. You make really good money. You know people. You have a teenaged daughter that wants to go on Spring break, like every one of her classmates.

Should she not be allowed to have a 'normal' life because you are the most powerful man on the planet? Or will you try to make sure she has a 'semi-normal' life? Even if she gets to vacation in a place that most of my neighbors don't think twice about going to.

Geeze...

This really seems pretty petty.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watch some movies of the "Spring break genre". They involve wild drinking, sex and beach parties.....not 13 yr. olds, but college age people !!

The child is missing nothing.......she is dipping where she doesn't belong. Is she being raised up or jerked up ??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm pretty sure the Obamas don't need any parenting advice from you.

Would I send my 13 year old daughter to Mexico basically unsupervised? No way in hell but this is not my (or your) decision to make.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Two Vacations In One Week: Obama Girls Go From Bahamas Vacation To Idaho Skiing Getaway…

They certainly take after their mom.
Sun Valley, Idaho ( KMVT-TV) — Sun Valley is known to be a getaway for celebrities and the First Family is no different.
In an exclusive photo obtained by Idaho’s First News, you can see the First Daughters, Malia and Sasha Obama skiing at River Run Thursday.

The Sun Valley Ski Patrol confirms the girls were enjoying the wonders of the mountain. We also received unconfirmed reports the daughters were staying at Thunder Spring in Sun Valley.
A local resident weighs in on the Obamas’ presence in town.

Bill Collins, Representative, Sun Valley Visitor Center says, “they’re allowed to relax. They can just be themselves here. It’s not a ‘show-offy’ place, they can just be who they are.”
It’s unclear if Michelle Obama joined Malia and Sasha in Sun Valley.

wkmac

"I wonder what this will cost the American Taxpayer?"

You know, I ask myself that very same question every time I watch the republicans and the democrats march off to another election.

Never heard of the Lindbergh kidnapping?

Imagine, if you can, that you are a powerful politician/businessman. You make really good money. You know people. You have a teenaged daughter that wants to go on Spring break, like every one of her classmates.

Should she not be allowed to have a 'normal' life because you are the most powerful man on the planet? Or will you try to make sure she has a 'semi-normal' life? Even if she gets to vacation in a place that most of my neighbors don't think twice about going to.

Geeze...

This really seems pretty petty.
HAHAHA...try to stay on the train of thought. What does any of this have to do with a kidnapping? Regardless of the worth of my fortune or what my occupation happens to be, when my minor children and wife go on vacation their expenses are mine to bare. Imagine, if you can, that the president pay for all the expenses of you family like the rest of us do. Not one person has said that those kids don't shouldn't be allowed vacations...nope that isn't the point at all.

It IS pretty simple, the nation is in debt, services being threatened and the president lets the country pay for his family to go on vacation. do you get it yet?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
HAHAHA...try to stay on the train of thought. What does any of this have to do with a kidnapping? Regardless of the worth of my fortune or what my occupation happens to be, when my minor children and wife go on vacation their expenses are mine to bare. Imagine, if you can, that the president pay for all the expenses of you family like the rest of us do. Not one person has said that those kids don't shouldn't be allowed vacations...nope that isn't the point at all.

It IS pretty simple, the nation is in debt, services being threatened and the president lets the country pay for his family to go on vacation. do you get it yet?

I would get it, if you had complained when the white Texan did the same thing, while he was running up the debt.

At least the half white Kenyan is reducing the debt.

texan

I would get it, if you had complained when the white Texan did the same thing, while he was running up the debt.

At least the half white Kenyan is reducing the debt.
"At least the half white Kenyan is reducing the debt"

Really? Sir please provide examples that I might learn and be educated.

I just do not see debt the reductions. Thanks in advance. Texan