ICS Helpdesk forced to train Vegas TSC and than get laid off

randomUPSISer

Couple of problems here.
Lv does not start taking any Ics calls until late April. You were talking to someone in Nj.
Also Las Vegas isn't outsourced the tsc isdirectly controlled by Corporate. It's a Ups owned and operated call center.
Thank you for helping prove my previous points about the current ics and why they are now replacable

I cant say for certain who I talked to. What I can say is they didn't have a NJ accent like every other NJ ICS person I've talked to over the years. That alone doesn't guarantee anything of course.

Also, LV is corporately owned by UPS? It was my understanding that Corporate CSC had been using the LV call center for a good bit of time as an outsourced center? (Along with tampa, and the other couple big ones across the US) Is that understanding incorrect?

Mithic

Las Vegas hasn't started taking any calls for ICS yet. Nothing so far has changed that would impact a caller or what they got, its all behind the scenes atm. All you might have is an extra person listening or introducing you to ICS, however thats all just information gathering. LV only gets calls when you dial the option for ICS if you hit the wrong option. ICS changed it's IVR a while ago to route anyone that didn't use the Helpdesk option to LV, that was done because they got tired of dealing with direct dials who didn't get a case.

LV started as an outsourcing company back 10 or 11 years ago. After doing work for UPS, UPS bought it and folded it under its UPS- Telecommunication Services wing. It's part of UPSTS which is a UPS subsidiary. The LV call center handles multiple functions of UPS within it though, the TSC is just one part of the operation.

Also, LV is corporately owned by UPS? It was my understanding that Corporate CSC had been using the LV call center for a good bit of time as an outsourced center? (Along with tampa, and the other couple big ones across the US) Is that understanding incorrect?

Yes, The Las Vegas CSC site was bought from the vendor MicroAge and everyone became UPS employees on January 1, 2001. I get so tired of everyone thinking we're some outsourced India call center. No, we're UPS employees who get the same paychecks everyone else does.

Last edited:

Deeohem

Yes, The Las Vegas CSC site was bought from the vendor MicroAge and everyone became UPS employees on January 1, 2001. I get so tired of everyone thinking we're some outsourced India call center. No, we're UPS employees who get the same paychecks everyone else does.

yeah, it's the SCS Global Help Desk that's based in India