IE

Jcvbe

I am currently a part time supervisor at UPS that will be earning my bachelor degree soon and I want to move up, I was wanting to know if IE is a good department to work in? Does anybody know what that department entails?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am currently a part time supervisor at UPS that will be earning my bachelor degree soon and I want to move up, I was wanting to know if IE is a good department to work in? Does anybody know what that department entails?

you seem way to on the ball to be in IE

Karma...

I suggest that you see what the long-term future of IE will be.....Possible that there will be IE by remote consolidated locations such as district or probably headquarters such as Atlanta....... computers access make work measurement obsolete if not redundent...besides in the next contract teamsters will be brought in for the development of m.a.r standards..........everyone will get a prize.......I saw a driver the other day...pony tail, beard, shorts and a stupid floppy hat...and radio blasting ..( not even classic rock ! )....what standards ?....what accountability ?......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I suggest that you see what the long-term future of IE will be.....Possible that there will be IE by remote consolidated locations such as district or probably headquarters such as Atlanta....... computers access make work measurement obsolete if not redundent...besides in the next contract teamsters will be brought in for the development of m.a.r standards..........everyone will get a prize.......I saw a driver the other day...pony tail, beard, shorts and a stupid floppy hat...and radio blasting ..( not even classic rock ! )....what standards ?....what accountability ?......

you sound jealous

j13501

If you're a part-time supervisor and have an chance to get a full time IE supervisors job......take it. IE may not be as important as it was in the past, but you will learn valuable skills in planning and implementation in that department that will help you at UPS or in any company that you might decide to work at in the future.
I know that I had an opportunity to take a rotation into IE from operations after I had been full time for seven years. It really helped me understand the differences between the day-to-day operational problems and the overall plans and measurement from IE. It made me a better manager to have worked in IE.
If you have a chance to work in that function.....take it!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I'm sure someone in India could measure time just as well for alot less money. Our IE dept can't get it right. The solution for any problem is to just shave time allowances. All that accomplishes is getting my center manager chewed out on the conference call. (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I wish the position was kept on. Carol like to talk a lot about "the cost of chaos" but locally installed IE and HR was largely responsible for reducing the daily chaos that now occurs rampantly. When I was hired, they put everyone in a room for 2 days with an IE standards printout and an HR practice booklet. You reap what you sow. We're burning furniture to stay warm. etc.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I'm sure someone in India could measure time just as well for alot less money. Our IE dept can't get it right. The solution for any problem is to just shave time allowances. All that accomplishes is getting my center manager chewed out on the conference call. (Not that there's anything wrong with that).
The ORWM part of IE is like the tiniest part, FYI

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Mexico actually
Screenshot_20210408-080753.png

Screenshot_20210408-080702.png

But it's UPS so...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
So, IE can't even get the tiniest part right. Off to Mexico.
There's no point to hyper analysis

Something like 95% of UPS routes have time studies accurate within 15min of O/A

Why waste months or years of analysis just to cut some slack for a few over paid, whiny drivers when you can just plan around their averages?

I guess that's why you are in the rain "making the big bucks" while I make the same as you working in my pajamas

PfVujrQ.gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Word on the street is that IE is going the way of HR, BD, and Payroll. The job isn’t difficult nor is creating metrics that drivers are expected to follow. At the end of the day we are all disposable the only bright spot for us is that regardless of a SPORH of 20 or 25, it still takes human labor to deliver a route.