If you could afford to quit how would you?

HardknocksUPSer

BS! It's no secret that UPS can be a difficult company to work for, but we all filled out the application and went to the interview to get the job. Sure there are managers and sups that can be out of line and downright nasty and unprofessional, I've dealt with my share of them over the past 28 years, bat that's no excuse to sabotage an operation. There are more mature ways to deal with a job that you sought out but now do not like than the way this child dealt with it.
Can't argue with the "getting yourself into the job" part, I respect that view.

clean hairy

Do what Management will not do. Be a class act.
Show appreciation for your co-workers.
Take them and their Familes out for a nice dinner, and give each one say, $1,000 each in appreciation of what they have have gone through, and what they will still have to go through.
It is for the hourlies ONLY!
No Management invited!

blkmamba

Would you burn the bridge, or give notice?

I burned the bridge. As a part time sup (who got a job in the field I went to school for) I let my area back up, cut all my guys out who were in on what I was doing but would never admit it, walked to my center manager's office handed in my letter of resignation and left. According to my guys they were all getting calls to come in but since we met afterwards at a bar they weren't in a position to return. Funny thing is that I am not on the do not hire list.

brett636

I've heard a story of a feeder driver who on his last day before retirement hooked up several trailers together and drove around the building eventually driving this massive set into a circle with the tractor in the center. The only way to undo it would be to have a tow truck come and disconnect each trailer piece by piece. Didn't witness this personally, but heard about it from another building. Funny story though.

clean hairy

Do what Management will not do. Be a class act.
Show appreciation for your co-workers.
Take them and their Familes out for a nice dinner, and give each one say, $1,000 each in appreciation of what they have have gone through, and what they will still have to go through.
It is for the hourlies ONLY!
No Management invited!
Forgot to mention this would be if any of us won the lottery.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I worked inside we had a part time sup text his resignation an hour before the shift started. The full time sup called him but he wouldn't answer. Now years later I just saw him last month working as a bus boy in a pub.

TG43

Some funny stuff here. But I quit half way through the day at my last job (mostly because my pay was cut $5.90/hr) and I regret it. I tried getting back in the company doing a different (better) job and they wouldn't rehire me (not surprised).

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"Like a man" wasn't meant as a dig on our woman force. Meant to infer being an adult. :euro:
Also if you felt mistreated or "ridden", then I would understand telling them to friend off (I've read your accounts of the route) ;)

Sadly, after winning the lottery, your chances of filing bankruptcy double the normal population
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-lottery-winners-go-bankrupt-1301002181742
I didnt take it that way, I was making light of it. I, though as work ethic driven as I am wouldnt give them one minutes notice. I would just be gone like a freight train.