If you don't have 30 friend/T years by 2023. READ THIS

T dog

This is why a lot of us are voting no on this contract.

25 and out at any age $2,000
25 and 57 years of age $2,500 plus $100 for each year of service
30 and out at any age 3,900 at any age after Jan. 2020
35 and out is $4,300 after Jan.2020.
Anybody that votes yes to this contract is accepting a $1900 dollar discrepancy for 5 years of seniority. If you became a full timer at 21 and retire at 51 you get $3900 with a longer life expectancy than a 57 year old that retires with 25 friend/T years and only gets $2500. Not to mention any friend/T that retires before 57 and only gets $2,000.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Pssssh, modern workload excuses! @Been In Brown Too Long told me last night that the old timers had it worse! We're just being sissies!

See post # 12 here:

"You only like to think you have it worse now. Old days...on the route cold, here's a pad of 50 liners, keys, go! No idea what's in your truck, and where. Getting lost was as bad then as it is now, we just figured it out. Today, everything is in your DIAD, you have gps in your phone, package cars all automatic, power steering, power brakes, much lower steps, keyless fob, etc."

Quitcher whining, ya big babies! We've got it much easier! I think @rod would agree too!
I'm not sure I ever said it was worse in that post. I was pointing out that we had many things that slowed us down. Today, a lot of those obstacles have been removed, thus the higher stop counts, unfortunately. I only retired 3 months ago, so I'm quite aware of current work conditions. Trust me, it's a huge part of why I bailed!

T dog

I agree with you and i will vote no for the exact same reason. Every pension got a raise except for the full time 25 year pension. That makes no sense as a part timer with 25 years will get a raise despite working half the hours as a full timer. Also if a pension of only 2000 dollars is paid to a retiree with 25 years and he or she doesn't work 30 years to get the 3900 dollars the pension fund should save in the long run. To some teamsters that have made the right financial moves saving their body means more than 1900 dollars extra for five years. Also thats 1900 less the fund will have to pay out....Only problem is most teamsters can't get healthcare until age 55 which is another joke seeing how some regions can already get at 52. They should make age same nationwide for teamcare at 52 and raise the 25 year full time pension.

Box Ox

I only retired 3 months ago, so I'm quite aware of current work conditions. Trust me, it's a huge part of why I bailed!

Congrats on making it. Wasn’t clear as “today, everything is in your DIAD, you have gps in your phone, package cars all automatic, power steering, power brakes, much lower steps, keyless fob, etc” sounded like a argument that the current UPS experience is much better than it used to be.

1whofan

So now its our fault that you started working here at 37 years old, unbelievable.
I agree with you and i will vote no for the exact same reason. Every pension got a raise except for the full time 25 year pension. That makes no sense as a part timer with 25 years will get a raise despite working half the hours as a full timer. Also if a pension of only 2000 dollars is paid to a retiree with 25 years and he or she doesn't work 30 years to get the 3900 dollars the pension fund should save in the long run. To some teamsters that have made the right financial moves saving their body means more than 1900 dollars extra for five years. Also thats 1900 less the fund will have to pay out....Only problem is most teamsters can't get healthcare until age 55 which is another joke seeing how some regions can already get at 52. They should make age same nationwide for teamcare at 52 and raise the 25 year full time pension.

1whofan

EXACTLY!!! If the company expects the 200 stops a day, for the next 25 yrs. Bump up the 25 and out pension, because as the company says we (the employees) are it's greatest asset.

T dog

EXACTLY!!! If the company expects the 200 stops a day, for the next 25 yrs. Bump up the 25 and out pension, because as the company says we (the employees) are it's greatest asset.
The company just reported another 1.49 billion dollar profit in this past quarter alone so they should have no problem spreading the wealth with their greatest assets and put a better offer on the table

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sitting on one right now ... anal fissures hurt like the devil.
37019789_2097554973836243_674483919021670400_n.jpg

1whofan

The union needs to know that we the friend/t and future friend/t employees think that a future of 200 stops a day for 25 years, for $2000 is not acceptable.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The company just reported another 1.49 billion dollar profit in this past quarter alone so they should have no problem spreading the wealth with their greatest assets and put a better offer on the table
LOL
They still spreading that manure?
Believe me, they look at drivers as overpaid resources.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I understand your point of view and certainly appreciate it.

However, it is just numbers on an actuarial table.

I worked 3 more years once I became eligible (55 with 37 years in) and I take home a little over $1000 extra per month.

You started working at UPS at age 18 and have never worked another job?

Then tell the Union negotiators that and vote "NO".
What you are suggesting is a huge adjustment to the Financial part of the negotiations/contract.
What do you think the Union should give up (on your behalf) to offset the financial impact?

WOW, What in god's name makes you think the Union should have to, "give up a damn thing?"

$1 increase equals $25 a month increase

Proof please!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You started working at UPS at age 18 and have never worked another job?
I've worked at 7 different places where I got W-2's.
I worked jobs from 12 years old.
Worked at UPS P/T while I was going to college and for a 1/2 year afterwards.
I worked 3 jobs during the summer during college.
I shot weddings as a photographer while with UPS and did some programming work on the side.

Any more assumptions?

Last edited: