If you were offered a new job with the same pay would you stay?

If offered a new job with the same pay would you stay at UPS

• Yes I would stay

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • No I would Leave

Votes: 48 62.3%
  • Maybe I'm Not Sure

Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Mike23

I'd go part time for both if I could. If I couldn't then the other one if the hours aren't random and it's not night shift. 9-5 baby, yeah!

Overpaid Union Thug

I can't really take the poll because it would depend on the specifics of the job. I am in the National Guard and there are full-time jobs within the Guard (the Reserves has them too) that pay as well or more than UPS. They are GS jobs. GS11s start out at the same pay as full-time driver making top rate. If I were offered some of those jobs it would be hard for me to turn it down. Most of the jobs are computer jobs and I have a hard enough time sitting behind a computer for 8 hours for only two days during our drill weekends so I'm not sure I'd want to be doing that every day PLUS again on drill weekends.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i love my job its the best job i ever had when your followed all the time but cant figure out why im over paid o well i think safety first every thing esle after go slow get paid friend--- every management there not on the road on a daily basis if it wasnt for us upsers they would be out of a job so friend--- off let us do our jobs in the long run i would not stay if something better came along but like every one says once you been working withs ups for a while your stuck and its tough to quit, if management wants to fire me so be it and thank you if they dont want to pursure and harass make threat just stick your nose up and who gives a friend---

Google "Anger Management"

I can't really take the poll because it would depend on the specifics of the job. I am in the National Guard and there are full-time jobs within the Guard (the Reserves has them too) that pay as well or more than UPS. They are GS jobs. GS11s start out at the same pay as full-time driver making top rate. If I were offered some of those jobs it would be hard for me to turn it down. Most of the jobs are computer jobs and I have a hard enough time sitting behind a computer for 8 hours for only two days during our drill weekends so I'm not sure I'd want to be doing that every day PLUS again on drill weekends.

Of the flip side there`s not too many desks blown up with an IUD.

thom1842

Considering when I finish school I am either gone or off to a non-mgt position in the company, I would definitely leave if I could find a PT job with the same pay and benes.

40 and out

I probably wouldn't stay . I guess there is no harm in fantasizing. Like any of us are going to be offered a job making 80K a year.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I'd probably leave. I'm still young and I consider myself just getting my feet wet in this industry. I do like my job in theory but if I could find something that pays this well or even slightly less and is secure then I'm out! The only reason I stayed at UPS was because I was got on as a cover driver. If I still had been a PTer when I graduated college I would've been gone.

tieguy

Banned
I can't answer the question. I would need to know more about the job.

I'm proud of the fact I work for and represent big Brown. ever go to a party and get instant respect as a hard worker when you tell someone you work for UPS?

The demands of the job can drive you nuts its also what makes the job interesting. I could never have worked an assembley plant job where you keep doing the same part of the same car over and over.

The other issue would be the starting over factor. I like the people at UPS. I've built many long term relationships with many people. Starting over at some other job and being the FNG does not sound appealing.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I believe there is more than money issues in that question. How stable is the new position? Where would I be on the seniority list? What would I be doing? who would I be working with? Is there a retirement system at least on par with the one I have? If driving, what is the equipment like?
I think I would stay where I am...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
As long as he doesn't try to put it in his uterus, I think he will be fine.:happy-very:
Ha Ha Ha!

I believe there is more than money issues in that question. How stable is the new position? Where would I be on the seniority list? What would I be doing? who would I be working with? Is there a retirement system at least on par with the one I have? If driving, what is the equipment like?
I think I would stay where I am...
I'm with you. So many people move from job to job because of these very reasons.