Illegal search and seizure as I exited the building

ihatewinter

I have only been with ups for a little over a month. I am quite upset that tonight, as I exited the building after my shift was over, I was subjected to an illegal search and seizure by ups thugs.

They told me they were looking for cellphones, proceeded to have me empty my pockets, hold my arms out and scanned me down.

There was no probable cause. This is clearly illegal search and seizure!

You might ask, what did they seize? MY TIME!

I'm sure it's not illegal. You probably signed that rite when you did paperwork. It is :censored2:ty tho.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Next time bring a 38 to work and just blow em away on your way in, that way on your way out you have zero problems.

I understand you're joking but with recent events this is an extremely idiotic statement to make. No one should ever support work place violence whether joking or not.

Joke or not....

People aren't as invisible, or anonymous as they think.

Posts can be traced back to their ISP.

There are ways to hide your identity, using proxy servers.

But, I doubt anyone is using that technology or encryption to post on Brown Cafe.

People that do that, are usually child molesters.

-Bug-

Joke or not....

But, I doubt anyone is using that technology or encryption to post on Brown Cafe.

-Bug-
I agree. Shouldn't make a threat, even jokingly.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Next time bring a 38 to work and just blow em away on your way in, that way on your way out you have zero problems.
im sure the
Joke or not....

-Bug-
post should be taken down.

Travwise

Hey dummy...your rights were not violated. Your constitutional rights protect you from intrusions by the federal/state/local govt. NOT private security guards, at private businesses.

If you don't like the security procedures find a new job.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The hub I work in (which I won't mention) NEVER checks feeder drivers, going in or out. I could walk in there with 12 handguns in a UPS duffel bag, or walk OUT with 13 Iphones.

These "security" measures are crap, but hey, UPS feels that they help. Whatever helps you sleep at night, UPS

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I have only been with ups for a little over a month. I am quite upset that tonight, as I exited the building after my shift was over, I was subjected to an illegal search and seizure by ups thugs.

They told me they were looking for cellphones, proceeded to have me empty my pockets, hold my arms out and scanned me down.

There was no probable cause. This is clearly illegal search and seizure!

You might ask, what did they seize? MY TIME!

If you are anything other than an old, white, straight, male you could be in for a big payday. Just scream that they profiled you for selection.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

-Bug-
Nah, I used to use an anonymous paid VPN, but got tired of paying for it. It's not only criminals and sickos who value their privacy. If you knew how much data that government agencies and companies like Google have about you, you'd probably do it as well.

In 2006 AOL data was leaked (and a few web sites are still out there that make it available to everyone) showing people's searches. It would show every search a user had ever made, and we know Google keeps as much data as it can get its hands on, so that information nowadays would be way more than AOL kept. Most people at one time or another has googled themselves. Now to that add all the searches you've ever made.

I recommend anyone who is concerned about online security/privacy use a VPN and rather than using google directly to search, use an anonymized untracked proxy search engine like https://www.startpage.com/
That search engine submits your searches to google for you, keeps ZERO logs of your searches and doesn't give google your info when sending the search.

When you use the internet, use Mozilla Firefox and set it to not keep any search history and to delete temporary internet files when you close your browser session.

A great, easy to use VPN for privacy is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
If you go to their page, scroll all the way to the bottom and read all the items under "Why" you'll soon see what I'm talking about.

T

Turdferguson

If you are anything other than an old, white, straight, male you could be in for a big payday. Just scream that they profiled you for selection.
So as a middle aged( not old) straight white male I can get paid?
Sweet.