I'm new at UPS and just got my CDL

Cementups

Box Monkey
But as a “general” rule, no.. wouldn’t you say?? They are thinking about pulling from the combo ranks then maybe from pt first even before they go to outside hires here...

Promote from within goes first but if that list is exhausted then you have no other choice than to hire from outside.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Promote from within goes first but if that list is exhausted then you have no other choice than to hire from outside.
True... but to hire from outside for feeder spots tells me that some locations have become absolutely desperate...it just isn’t something we’re use to seeing until recently.

DWall88

UPS guarantees misery. Leave as fast as you can
How long is the wait for full time in Las Vegas?

How much money can you make right now with your CDL if you jump ship?

I talked to my teamster representative today. He said it could take 3-5 years to become full time. Then 15 years after that to be feeder.

If I went over the road for a year, I could make 40k-55k depending on where I go. I'm not too concerned about it because all I want is the experience. I want to work local at somewhere like Sysco.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sounds like you have your workout Feeder program all sorted.
I talked to my teamster representative today. He said it could take 3-5 years to become full time. Then 15 years after that to be feeder.

If I went over the road for a year, I could make 40k-55k depending on where I go. I'm not too concerned about it because all I want is the experience. I want to work local at somewhere like Sysco.
could probably walk on at Sysco, ups freight, fedex freight, etc, etc...

IESucks

Ups guarantees misery.