I'm not one to brag...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lol look at all these old men mad because their 500 credit score and working holidays is depressing them
1528473933010.gif

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
However, ol' Fitty is on vacation and since one of UPS paid holidays(New Years,Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve) falls on my vacation. I have TWO options. I can just bank the extra 8-hours for the 4th of July or I can also add an extra day to my vacation and take Monday the 9th of July off in addition.

I'll be taking Monday off. I like to schedule my 8-weeks paid vacation around my 7-paid holidays to take an extra day off and in between I use my 40-hours of sick basically as floaters. Also I get approx. 5 R/O's (Request Off) days a year that are unpaid. I just call my Supe and say; "Hey ol Buddy, (don't tell anyone I call him buddy) how about letting me off for the day." He runs down stairs and looks at schedule and says... ok, looks good. Call back 1-hour before start to see if anyone called in sick... I then call 59-minutes before start. He tells me... you got it! You are off! I hang up... do a little dance. Race upstairs and use momma like a Hoppity Hop!

Have a great 4th everyone!
Lol look at all these old men mad because their 500 credit score and working holidays is depressing them

You guys should Skype each other since no one else wants to talk to you both.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
My question is; If I sit out and quit UPS with all you great people here. Will I get a check similar to that amount each week out from the Teamsters?

Asking as I wait for my three kids here in the waiting room as they're all getting their teeth cleaned.

Wife is over at the cell phone store getting us a new contract with the huge discount we get by providing a UPS stub.

Any solid #'s on strike fund checks would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Saturday & Sunday fellas. 4-day work week coming up for ya. :-)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I think the Southern regions get MLK or Human Rights Day off too. No sure about that. Boss told me that.

My OMS was a working sonofagun! He'd go in at 2:30am just to get us all dialed in and he'd leave around 9:20am.. yet, he'd only get paid for 5 hours. I think he only cleared about $28k a year. Thankless job and often got totally chewed out via e-mails daily from the Division Manager. He'd tell me about the content and believe me brother. You'd have the utmost respect for your OMS if you knew what he had to put up with.

Corporate should open up those e-mails someday and read a few imo.
all emails are logged in and are saved on servers.
ALL emails can be read by IT for 18 months.

OrionIsDaddy

I know you are joking but in case anyone is actually wondering...

Each week, you are paid strike benefits from the International Union equal to five times your monthly dues, according to the formula set by Article XII, Section 14 of the Teamster Constitution.

So, if you are a part-timer who makes $15 per hour and your dues are $38, your strike benefits are $190 per week (5 x $38). If you are a full-timer who pays $90 in dues, your strike pay is $450 per week. So basically look at your pay stub and see how much your union does are each week, multiply that by 5 for your weekly strike check.

There are no strike benefits the first week. Benefits start on the eighth day of a strike. (Highly unlikely a strike will last that long) Workers in so-called ‘right to work’ states who are not Teamsters do not get any strike benefits.

Last edited: