I'm not one to brag...

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Yet, I just computed the #'s and I'll be over a quarter of a milliion ($250,000+) **in just pension paid**out before my 55th birthday.

That pretty normal retirement pay at 54 & 10/11 months when you're around the BBQ with your friends that don't work at UPS? Is that what your accountant, doctor, teacher or Buffalo Wild Wings managers get for pension too?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My question is; If I sit out and quit UPS with all you great people here. Will I get a check similar to that amount each week out from the Teamsters?

Asking as I wait for my three kids here in the waiting room as they're all getting their teeth cleaned.

Wife is over at the cell phone store getting us a new contract with the huge discount we get by providing a UPS stub.

Any solid #'s on strike fund checks would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Saturday & Sunday fellas. 4-day work week coming up for ya. :-)
The phone discount isn’t that great... trust me my wife checked them all out in person....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't understand how someone can make $2000 a week and not have some money in a savings account or something. Will you really be hurting financially if you go a week without a check?
People who are making 200, 300 or 500k have some of the highest debt out there....I’ve listened to gumby Ramsey on occasion and some of the richest people around have some of the highest debt... it’s :censored2:ing sad

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
And that is retiring at what age????
In my early 50's.

Ask your tax man or broker... I was just curious if they get $250,000+ Pension before 55.

West Coast Teamsters(WCT)have promised me two things.

#1. They have never missed a pension payout since the inception in 1955. Sixty-Three years and counting.

#2. I can't outlive my pension.

It's right on their website. :-)

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Yet, I just computed the #'s and I'll be over a quarter of a milliion ($250,000+) **in just pension paid**out before my 55th birthday.

That pretty normal retirement pay at 54 & 10/11 months when you're around the BBQ with your friends that don't work at UPS? Is that what your accountant, doctor, teacher or Buffalo Wild Wings managers get for pension too?

giphy (1).gif

Box Ox

Wow! I wonder what kind of pension future UPSers will receive as the 2018 and later contracts strive to divide the Union workforce and pay all UPSers less and less!

PT Car Washer

Just cause you drive a 15 year old Kia and take a 2 day “vacation” to the motel 6 doesn’t mean that nobody else shouldn’t have fun... geeZZZ
I drive a 15 year old Ranger and what is wrong with Motel 6? I also have about a dozen uncashed live paychecks sitting in my sock drawer. Strike fund. I really doubt if it comes to that.