I'm sick and tired of you Drivers

You have the power to change this, Edman. Stop handling the packages. The drivers will stop yelling and filing. Your handling a few packages during the preload will not bring us home any sooner.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It's early yet--the Joe Unions are just now getting home.

Yeap, this thread is only going to get worse. I leave my driveway about 7:15 in the morning and consider myself lucky to get back to my driveway before 8PM, and I have an easy route. I drive a long way to work and usually get there 20-30 minutes early if I'm lucky to not get caught somewhere in a horrific morning rush hour traffic jam. I would be thrilled to let my boss start me early and pay me for loading my truck so I can hit the road. That only happens when I have too many Next Day Airs to make the commit time. Start the Preload early enough and hire it enough people to get the job on time, the earlier we hit the road is the only way we can gain back business we lost from Fedex. But thats too simple of a concept, lets pinch a few dollars here and there instead of gaining back market share.

mahmoud

Don't u guys have anything better to do then sit around and wait until we touch boxes so u can go sign grievances? Get a life..and worry about your job at hand not what's going on in the pre-load.[/QUOTE]

Don't you sups have anything better to do than drive around all day and wait until we don't use a hand rail so you can sign warning letters? Get a life..and worry about your job blah blah blah...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I must say you all took it pretty easy on edman ... maybe it is because he seems to care about his drivers in a weird sort of way.

Maybe we realize that a part-time preload supe is basically the bottom of the food chain. Edman will learn this.

DorkHead

I'm part-time sup, but I must say you drivers that are yelling at us about touching packages MAKES ME SICK! All were doing is trying to get you out on the road faster. I don't understand what the big deal is. I know if I was a driver I could give 2 hoots what boxes sups touch. I don't care if its in the contract or not you are just delaying your start time by not allowing us to help out. Stop being so ignorant and just worry about your deliveries instead of trying to sit around waiting for us to touch boxes. GET A LIFE!

You know what makes me sick? YOU DO!!
Maybe we can all go to mandy pandy land and find you some self confidence, you Jack Wagon!!
Tissue?
Cry baby.

UPSGUY72

I'm part-time sup, but I must say you drivers that are yelling at us about touching packages MAKES ME SICK! All were doing is trying to get you out on the road faster. I don't understand what the big deal is. I know if I was a driver I could give 2 hoots what boxes sups touch. I don't care if its in the contract or not you are just delaying your start time by not allowing us to help out. Stop being so ignorant and just worry about your deliveries instead of trying to sit around waiting for us to touch boxes. GET A LIFE!

Let me help you out your not a driver and not a PT or FT package handler. Your a SUP ie (messenger boy). That means don't touch a box unless it's leaking something or damaged.

If your weren't touching the boxes we would have to watch you so just stop touching them and you won't have any problems. If your shift can't load the cars in time maybe you need tell your boss to hire more PT union people. Instead of cheating my UNION brother and sister out of money.

Maybe you should go look for another job. Nobody forced you to be a SUP. Your problem is that you thought that if you became a PT SUP you could walk around and boss people around. That is not how it works your a messenger boy that is over paid. You follow the rules that the company and the Union agreed upon just like everyone else. If you don't like the rules leave. But I don't think that is going to happen because UPS is the only place that you will ever get a SUP job.

rod

Retired 22 years
Dear Nerdman:
I predict you are in for a tough start to your UPS career- especially with peak coming on.

some1else

Banned
I sign the "ft driver pre-load oncall" list every time its posted. Been at least 2years and have never been called in...

This morning i walked up to my truck to throw my lunchbox in and the pt sup was loading (about ten minutes prior to start). I asked him to 1. Find a bargaining unit employee on the clock to load, 2. Let me clock in early and load, 3. Leave. It until my start time and ill load (same as clocking in early will just get in that much later) or 4. Ill have to file on it.

He chose option 3.

brownman15

We have enough pre-loaders... Everyone on my belt loads 2-3 cars.. But b/c of the holiday season some guys are stacked out a little more which were just trying to help them out a little to catch up.. THATS IT.. Don't u guys have anything better to do then sit around and wait until we touch boxes so u can go sign grievances? Get a life..and worry about your job at hand not what's going on in the pre-load.

hire more union workers.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why do we file grievances when you handle packages? Simple, That is UNION work, and you are OUTSIDE of the union, easy enough. You're a part time Sup, which I suspect means you are in college...and if that's the case then you do the math.

As the rest of the guys have said, you want to "help out" the drivers? Teach the loaders how to LOAD a truck, so instead of getting all the pieces crammed in my car where I have to dig for every package....I get out at a normal time and can make up time on the road because every package is where it should be.

Part Time sups make me laugh....always have. Prettymuch all PT Sups I ever had when I worked local sort would leave me alone cause I did my job correctly and would tell them to back off if they tried to flex their "muscle"

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Edman, now that all the blowhards have had there say. What did the pre-load manager or full time supervisor tell you to do once he started getting the grievances? Looks like everyone on this thread says there is to much volume, not enough preloaders, preloaders suck, there are never enough preloaders yada, yada, yada give it a break.

Ignore the drivers (the ones giving you a hard time) and keep wrapping up. If you want to see how great thier contract is, go read the thread on how many grievances they won at the National Panel.

Sorry gals and guys, someone has to stand up to you.

UPSGUY72

Edman, now that all the blowhards have had there say. What did the pre-load manager or full time supervisor tell you to do once he started getting the grievances? Looks like everyone on this thread says there is to much volume, not enough preloaders, preloaders suck, there are never enough preloaders yada, yada, yada give it a break.

Ignore the drivers (the ones giving you a hard time) and keep wrapping up. If you want to see how great thier contract is, go read the thread on how many grievances they won at the National Panel.

You tell him Dragon depending on his building and building manger and the number of grievance filed against him he might find himself out of a job.

UPSBluRdg03

Its simple dont touch the packages and you will have one less problem to deal with. Maybe if you spent less time stealing work from hourly employees and more actually doing your job of supervising the operation you would be able to have a better plan and staff accordingly. Kudos to your drivers for attempting to keep you in line.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You tell him Dragon depending on his building and building manger and the number of grievance filed against him he might find himself out of a job.

I have worked in several different buildings and operations and not once have I seen a PT or FT supervisor or manager get fired for to many grievances filed against them. What a joke.

upsgrunt

Blowhards?

Classy style there, Boss

I have worked in several different buildings and operations and not once have I seen a PT or FT supervisor or manager get fired for to many grievances filed against them. What a joke.

To me I always love sitting in the dm's office for hearing and watching guys just like you squirm. You get talked to like a little girl in front of me and my BA. The labor manager chimes in and berates you in front of us to it's Funny. We talk about it later and laugh. Then you are stuck in that office not doing bargaining unit work and the dm is always checking up on you and telling what a lazy sup
You are. It's a vicious circle.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Blowhards?

Classy style there, Boss

Sometimes the truth hurts.

hot air - gas bags - etc, etc stand around the center one morning (if you have not in a while) and listen to the drivers:

I'm not gonna...
So and So is screwing me...
I don't know that route....
Who the hell gave me that...
I'm gonna....
I gotta have off today...
I'm bumpin....
I'm gonna file....
Can so and so do that...

feel free to add your own....

bumped

Were Supervisors... We make sure things are running smoothly and safe.. if someone needs a little help for a minute were glad to step in and help them out so YOU GUYS can get home to your family's faster. If you guys are going to argue about us touching packages.. then STEP up and take over the area that needs a little more help. Don't just say something then run away and sign grievances.. Help out then.... wouldn't that be logic?

I am sure if you ask the drivers "watching" to start early to help you out on the preload most of them will.