I'm the biggest UPS driver out there...

Jim Kemp

Re: I'm I the biggest UPS driver out there...

LOL Guys!! and thanks Cheryl!!

knock on wood My knees haven't given me any problems yet. I've been driving for 6 years. I don't know if I can post a pic (Identity purposes) but allot of my customers can't believe I weigh more than 250 so I guess you can say I wear my weight well.

"Identity purposes" Don't you think you have already blown your cover?
How many 382 lbs drivers do you think ups has?

disneyworld

6' 1" 220 lbs here. How in the world do you not get your uniform caught in the bulk head door? I'm sure that must be a concern for you.
How the hell does HE not get caught in the door. I didn't think it was possible for someone to be that big in package. Good Luck to you.

How can someone who is 400lb possible fit in the cab of say a p800 or even a p1000?, I mean dose this doughboy walk sideways through the bulkhead door?, In my opinion someone that fat is a safty risk and should not be on the road.
Thank goodness for Fed your opinion only counts in your head.:happy-very:

upsgrunt

When I ordered pants the other day, the size availability in the waist goes up to either 50 or 60 inches, I can't remember which. When I turned in the request to the OMS we both laughed at that number, but I guess now that there is a need out there for it. I just can't imagine doing my job that big.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

On Sunday I heard a doctor on a talk show discussing this research which indicates that the negative attitude obese people face from other people may be a bigger factor in their health problems than their weight.

Feeling fat may be worse for you than being fat - Reuters

"Some researchers have suggested that stress due to stigmatization could be a factor in the health problems obese people have, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, he and his colleagues note in the March issue of the American Journal of Public Health."

fedxsux

When I ordered pants the other day, the size availability in the waist goes up to either 50 or 60 inches, I can't remember which. When I turned in the request to the OMS we both laughed at that number, but I guess now that there is a need out there for it. I just can't imagine doing my job that big.

Right now, I'm a Size 50 shorts, My goal is to get down to a 44-46 by end of summer. I have 3 brand new ones waiting for me in my drawer.

rod

Retired 22 years
For the 1st 25 years at UPS I weighed in at 170-172 lbs. (5'11"). Then I quit smoking one Saturday night and woke up Sunday morning weighing 200 lbs. (really the weight came on almost that fast). Quitting smoking is much easier than losing weight.

Are you the guy i saw on the las vegas strip a few years ago? I could not beleive this guy, i dont know how he fit in the seat, he was in a 1200, probably weighed 400, and driving like a bat out of you know what.