Immigration

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Don't worry your little head Monkey Butt. You're still white and live in the south.:clap:
And very glad for that.
I've stated my initial assessment ... I'll leave it to you and others to debate the topic.
I am willing to listen to rational positions to influence my beliefs.
BTW, "UnAmerican" ain't a rational position.

refineryworker05

Sad reality is the President's immigration "suggestions" have zero chance of becoming law or being implemented as such.

I won't call those immigration suggestions a bill because this President's administration is incompetent, and they probably won't even work with Congress to create an actual bill(remember the transgender ban tweet that the military has said they'll ignore),

It is purely a P. R. move meant to stoke up anti-immigrant feelings, but that's who this president is and that's who his supporters are.

It is literally just an excuse for them to insult their fellow citizens and say we don't want people like you here. It is a fundamentally hateful message.

All of this stuff pretending this is about protecting American workers is a lie.

Donald Trump never helps anyone but himself and that pattern has held as President, and the republican party's idea of protecting American workers is lower wages, fewer job protections, etc.

Last edited:

refineryworker05

Also, it is a sight to understand, people who themselves are immigrants to this nation suggesting the creation of an immigration policy that would have kept their families out of this nation.

newfie

Sad reality is the President's immigration "suggestions" have zero chance of becoming law or being implemented as such.

I won't call those immigration suggestions a bill because this President's administration is incompetent, and they probably won't even work with Congress to create an actual bill(remember the transgender ban tweet that the military has said they'll ignore),

It is purely a P. R. move meant to stoke up anti-immigrant feelings, but that's who this president is and that's who his supporters are.

It is literally just an excuse for them to insult their fellow citizens and say we don't want people like you here. It is a fundamentally hateful message.

All of this stuff pretending this is about protecting American workers is a lie.

Donald Trump never helps anyone but himself and that pattern has held as President, and the republican party's idea of protecting American workers is lower wages, fewer job protections, etc.

why is someone calling theirselves a refinery worker on a ups site? are you really a refinery worker?

newfie

which "immigration suggestions" do you disagree with?

newfie

Also, it is a sight to understand, people who themselves are immigrants to this nation suggesting the creation of an immigration policy that would have kept their families out of this nation.

Are you speaking for yourself or what you think legal immigrants to this country believe. I ask as a naturalized immigrant who served his country and supports Trumps immigration policies.

refineryworker05

why is someone calling theirselves a refinery worker on a ups site? are you really a refinery worker?

I have an interest in reading about people discuss their jobs.

And yes I'm a refinery worker it's not a prestigious career, which means if I was gonna create a phony career, I'd probably pick one with some prestige or one that implied I was extremely well off.