Immigration

refineryworker05

which "immigration suggestions" do you disagree with?

Just about everything that was said in that press conference held by Stephen Miller.

But since those immigration suggestions have zero chance at becoming law and won't even result in a bill being created by Congress, why waste time on discussing them?

Creating immigration policy isn't the purpose. Signaling to his supporters that he still hates Mexicans and Muslims and doesn't want anymore of them in their country and whipping up anti immigrant feelings within his supporters is the whole and only purpose, as he does nothing to actually address immigration policy.

Again, they aren't even going to produce a bill from that nonsense. It's not going anywhere in Congress.

It's just like in that conversation with the Mexican President when Trump admitted that he doesn't give a damn about building a wall and that it's all just for show. He is playing his supporters once again with this immigration thing. He has zero intention of doing anything. These immigration suggestions are designed to get a reaction out of them but not designed to lead to actual policy changes.

refineryworker05

Are you speaking for yourself or what you think legal immigrants to this country believe. I ask as a naturalized immigrant who served his country and supports Trumps immigration policies.

Trump has no immigration policies. These are immigration suggestions. Congress isn't working on a bill to put forth those immigration suggestions at all.

Trump is playing his supporters once again same as was revealed with the wall. It's all for show. It's pretend.

His intention is to signal to his supporters "hey I still hate Mexicans and Muslims and don't want them here", while he brings in more foreign workers to his company and does nothing to actually advance a bill through Congress to implement those suggestions. He isn't interested in actually changing immigration policy because his immigration suggestions arent going anywhere in Congress.

And my point is 100% clear, it is a sight to understand people who are immigrants to this nation suggest the creation of an immigration policy that would have kept their own families out of this nation.

It doesn't get any clearer.

refineryworker05

UPS Driver?

Sure in most ways being a UPS driver is more prestigious than being a refinery operator.

Most people know what a UPS driver is and what they do, and have a perception to some extent of their pay because UPS puts that info out there during past labor disputes.

Most people even my wife have no idea what I do and therefore the job doesn't rate with them.

Heck a lot of people when I say I work for "insert name of the refinery", think I work at a gas station.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Also, it is a sight to understand, people who themselves are immigrants to this nation suggesting the creation of an immigration policy that would have kept their families out of this nation.
Different times ... the agrarian and industrial jobs are on a major decline while Information based jobs are on the rise in availability and salary.
The US needs people to generate wealth for the country and reduce the number of people on the take.
Allowing immigrants that fulfill the country's needs is paramount.

If you want to live in the 1900's, immigrate to Italy and France ... the USA is about the future and adapting to new realities.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Drumpf is playing with himself. So much that he going to go blind.
My father was blind and that's what he told people made him go blind.
That's where I get my sense of humor ... definitely not from my mother.
She was negative and blamed everyone else for her problems ... she would not like Trump!

It will be fine

Different times ... the agrarian and industrial jobs are on a major decline while Information based jobs are on the rise in availability and salary.
The US needs people to generate wealth for the country and reduce the number of people on the take.
Allowing immigrants that fulfill the country's needs is paramount.

If you want to live in the 1900's, immigrate to Italy and France ... the USA is about the future and adapting to new realities.
Ya, we need immigrants taking the high paying information jobs from Americans, not the low wage agriculture ones! Murica First!

MAKAVELI

My father was blind and that's what he told people made him go blind.
That's where I get my sense of humor ... definitely not from my mother.
She was negative and blamed everyone else for her problems ... she would not like Trump!
Sounds like she has a lot in common with Drumpf.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ya, we need immigrants taking the high paying information jobs from Americans, not the low wage agriculture ones! Murica First!
When Americans do not have the skills, that's when you import resources that have not been decimated in the USA public schools.
Informations based (programmers) jobs do not necessarily pay that much ... little more than a driver.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's the same old lies.
Republicans have no problem with immigration, it's only the illegal immigration that they don't like, immigrants should just "get in line" and "wait their turn". Then they get in office and do everything they can to make it harder to legally immigrate here. Lol.