Immigration

newfie

Why is Mexico allowing them free passage? They are only supposed to be able to seek refuge in a bordering country. Apparently Mexico doesn't want them either.

that's the insanity of this issue and why Trump says we have the dumbest immigration laws of any country.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I keep seeing the film clips of those thousands of immigrants marching towards our border...….I see no women and no children in those clips. The fact that they are due to arrive about the election time, I wouldn't doubt they are paid by the Democrats in hopes that Donald will screw it up.

rickyb

wow only in america do you get illegally anal probed by border patrol and then stuck with a hospital bill:

Checkpoint Nation

andoval, whose name has been changed to protect her privacy, told me that after the officers forced her into the squad car, they drove her to University Medical Center, a public hospital in El Paso. The officers found an empty room and shackled her to the examination table. A nurse entered and asked her to swallow a laxative so they could observe her bowel movement. Then a group of doctors came in. Sandoval pleaded with them to let her go. “A nurse told me to calm down,” she said. “That this was something they did anytime Border Patrol brought people in.” One of the doctors conducted a vaginal and rectal search using a speculum and his hands. “The agents kept saying that they knew I had drugs,” Sandoval told me. Still not satisfied, the doctor ordered an X-ray and a full-body scan. Again they found nothing. “The only thing left was to cut me open,” Sandoval said.

After more than four hours, the officers called off the search. One of them asked Sandoval to sign some government forms. “She wanted me to give my consent,” Sandoval explained. “She said that if I signed the papers, they would take care of the hospital bill. They would be ‘good guys’ and pay, because it would be expensive.” Sandoval pushed the papers away.

Finally, the officers drove her back to the bridge. At the port of entry, a third officer tried again to persuade her to sign the consent forms. He let her smoke a cigarette. “He said I probably needed it after what I’d been through.” Sandoval still refused to sign. By the time she got back to her car, it was 8 o’clock at night — six hours after her encounter with CBP began.

Sandoval tried to forget about what had happened to her. She figured it would be too costly to fight the government. But then the bills from the hospital started to arrive. For the cavity searches, the X-ray and the CT scan, the hospital was charging her $5,488. “I pay all my bills, but I was not going to pay these,” she told me. “So I started looking for a lawyer.”

rickyb

not suprising:

CBP operates with less oversight than your local police department despite having one of the largest federal budgets in Washington.

In 2015, the Homeland Security Advisory Council, a panel of law enforcement experts formed by DHS, warned that CBP had no effective process to root out corruption and that its internal affairs office was woefully understaffed. “The true levels of corruption within CBP are not known,” the council warned. “Pockets of corruption could fester within CBP, potentially for years.”

Checkpoint Nation

rickyb

holy :censored2::

Agents in Buffalo were offered cash bonuses, prizes and extra vacation time if they boosted their arrest numbers, fostering a dragnet approach to enforcement that targeted people of color.

Checkpoint Nation

rickyb

so last night me and a few guys were briefly talking about US border patrol. one of the guys at work is a bit retarded and i think he got banned, which is bull :censored2:, i dont think people should be banned at all and especially not for being a little slow.

another guy tried crossing 15 years ago who is from UK, and they detained him for 4 hours and sent him back, not sure why. he hasnt bothered since.

and then theres my story of being terrorized by border patrol because they dont like my political clothes. basically terrorism if you apply the coercion definition.

and another guy at work is from EU and they gave him a hard time when he crossed and he hasnt bothered since.

so all this got me thinking: people blame immigrants for economic problems (which is BS). how much money have US border patrol costed the economy because of their ineptitude?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I keep seeing the film clips of those thousands of immigrants marching towards our border...….I see no women and no children in those clips. The fact that they are due to arrive about the election time, I wouldn't doubt they are paid by the Democrats in hopes that Donald will screw it up.
I wouldn't doubt they were paid for by the Repugs to make Immigration a stronger election issue.
If the Dims did fund this, they screwed up terribly.
Fortunistic* timing for Trump and the Repugs.

* Yeah Susie Driver, I know I made up another word.

rickyb

Admitting you are a terrorist is Step 1....
taxi driver was a terrorist. i like him even though he was wrong. im not simply non violence believer either, but i think most political violence is premature.

if i were a terrorist that should qualify me for US president since they spend alot of time preoccupied with terrorizing poor countries with the war machine.

rickyb

im going to try and get the corporate media to do a report on my story with US border patrol. my alternative plan is not to cross until my passport expires so they cant see how many stamps my passport has.