Immigration

It will be fine

Since the wall is out... What do we do about this? How about total immigration reform?

Texas Finds 95,000 Non-US Citizens Registered To Vote -- 58,000 Have Actually Voted In Recent Elections

On Friday January 25, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced that 95,000 individuals registered to vote in the Lone Star State have been identified as "Non-US Citizens," meaning they are illegally registered to vote. Further evidence brought forth by Texas Secretary of State David Whitely confirms that 58,000 of these individuals have broken the law and voted in "one or more" recent elections.
It only says non-US citizens, I’d guess it’s mostly legal immigrants with documentation that registered to vote. That’s how the SOS could identify them. Sounds like Texas just needs to do a better job with registration. I doubt this story has anything to do with illegal immigration.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Correction. Conservatives should not be registering undocumented workers and then voting in their name.

Agreed, that's why I said total immigration reform, Border security, over-stayed visa and businesses that hire them etc...

It only says non-US citizens, I’d guess it’s mostly legal immigrants with documentation that registered to vote. That’s how the SOS could identify them. Sounds like Texas just needs to do a better job with registration. I doubt this story has anything to do with illegal immigration.

I'd guess you're guessing. :teethy: Regardless, non-US-citizens should not be voting in our elections either.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Agreed, that's why I said total immigration reform, Border security, over-stayed visa and businesses that hire them etc...

I'd guess you're guessing. :teethy: Regardless, non-US-citizens should not be voting in our elections either.
Hypocritical? We can't seem to keep our noses out of other countries governments/elections when it suits us but we are all bent out of shape when the tables may be turned on us?

It will be fine

Your article was from a far right wing website. The language used is meant to be inflammatory. How else would the Texas SOS know an exact number of non-citizens registered if he wasn’t using a database of known residents? It’s not like illegal immigrants are well documented, that’s kinda the point. It’s a state voter registration issue not an immigration one.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hypocritical? We can't seem to keep our noses out of other countries governments/elections when it suits us but we are all bent out of shape when the tables may be turned on us?

It's complicated and we are not like many other counties.

Hypocritical... You don't know my stance about turning over other countries governments.

But I'm sure you're for open borders so we can become a :censored2:-hole country, then you'll feel more at home. :lol:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It's complicated and we are not like many other counties.

Hypocritical... You don't know my stance about turning over other countries governments.

But I'm sure you're for open borders so we can become a :censored2:-hole country, then you'll feel more at home. :lol:
You don't know my stance on our border issue or that of undocumented workers.
I'm all for a secure border but don't believe a wall is a means to that end in keeping people out.
Maybe we should execute those who knowingly hire them? If you don't hire them, most won't come.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You don't know my stance on our border issue or that of undocumented workers.
I'm all for a secure border but don't believe a wall is a means to that end in keeping people out.
Maybe we should execute those who knowingly hire them? If you don't hire them, most won't come.

Or send them south of the border. :happy-very:

I'm not sure anyone believes that a wall is the only thing...That's why as previously stated I'm for total immigration reform, Border security, technology, over-stayed visas, and businesses that hire them being held accountable etc... It might include some wall/fence if the experts think it is needed in certain areas.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Or send them south of the border. :happy-very:

I'm not sure anyone believes that a wall is the only thing...That's why as previously stated I'm for total immigration reform, Border security, technology, over-stayed visas, and businesses that hire them being held accountable etc... It might include some wall/fence if the experts think it is needed in certain areas.
Totally agree! Those who think a wall will solve our problems in itself are delusional. People and/or drugs will go over, under or through it. Waste of resources.

newfie

Totally agree! Those who think a wall will solve our problems in itself are delusional. People and/or drugs will go over, under or through it. Waste of resources.

no one said a wall would be the only thing needed. those who think drones will solve all our problems are delusional

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You mean all those people vacationing in Cancun, Cozumel, etc. are VOTING while they're down there?

How magnanimous of them.

vantexan

no one said a wall would be the only thing needed. those who think drones will solve all our problems are delusional
An analyst on FOX pointed out the other night that the Dems have pretty much left the Midwest for Silicon Valley. Said more of their political contributions now come from Big Tech. It was not for nothing that Nancy Pelosi countered Trump's $5 billion wall with a $5 billion "electronic wall." Silicon Valley has invested millions in Democrat candidates and expect that to pay off.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
An analyst on FOX pointed out the other night that the Dems have pretty much left the Midwest for Silicon Valley. Said more of their political contributions now come from Big Tech. It was not for nothing that Nancy Pelosi countered Trump's $5 billion wall with a $5 billion "electronic wall." Silicon Valley has invested millions in Democrat candidates and expect that to pay off.
Smart money vs dum ass Trump.

rickyb

canada border guards gave me proof of entry to US secondary search and exit even though corrupt CBP didnt stamp my passport.

one of the guys in jail locally is in there for donating money to someone who became a terrorist. i also have a complaint which DHS is reviewing. my bro says be careful. i told my bro i dont even have to do anything and the govt can make up charges against me like they are doing to julian assange.