Immigration

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Put American Workers Ahead of Foreigners

Regarding Matthew J. Slaughter’s “Immigrants for the Heartland” (op-ed, April 29): I disagree with importing more foreign workers. Our entire IT department at Siemens ICN was ordered by corporate management to train our replacements, who were Tata India employees on H-1B/L-1B visas. The well-educated American employees were given a small severance and a pink slip. Our extremely diverse department was replaced with an all-young, male, foreign workforce.

It was the most demoralizing time of my career. I had three Indian trainees, each of whom learned a different facet of my job. None had near the knowledge or experience as me, but they were cheaper.
This is basically the Republican immigration plan. Keep out the poor so Americans can keep the bad jobs, and import foreigners to take the good paying jobs.

floridays

This is basically the Republican immigration plan. Keep out the poor so Americans can keep the bad jobs, and import foreigners to take the good paying jobs.
Agreed, let's keep them all. I remember when I was a CEO in high school. Ever picked tomatoes kid? I have.
Just remember before you get too giddy

You got that?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Looks like "Catch & Release" program is losing it's grip ... 9th circuit rules in favor of Trump's "Remain In Mexico" or “Migrant Protection Protocols” program of immigrants staying in Mexico while their case is resolved in the US Courts.

By returning them to wait in Mexico, the administration is allowing them to pursue court cases in the US without actually admitting them.

MAKAVELI

Looks like "Catch & Release" program is losing it's grip ... 9th circuit rules in favor of Trump's "Remain In Mexico" or “Migrant Protection Protocols” program of immigrants staying in Mexico while their case is resolved in the US Courts.

By returning them to wait in Mexico, the administration is allowing them to pursue court cases in the US without actually admitting them.
I thought the 9th circuit was full of Obama Judges?:lol:

floridays

Refreshing news, I'll research, I haven't heard it.
Thanks Old Man.

floridays

Squealed? They challenged him. Lmao!
They did, you are correct.
Their challenge consisted of, 'You can't send them here'
Why is my question, you as a citizen in the bay area, exactly why do you not want them delivered to your doorstep or in your district or neighborhood?
Exactly why?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Refreshing news, I'll research, I haven't heard it.
Thanks Old Man.
Don't think they have been confirmed yet on the 9th.
Trump reshapes long-liberal 9th Circuit, as Republican-appointed judges gain seats on court
For the first time in more than three decades, Republican-appointed judges will soon occupy nearly half the seats on the left-leaning
9th Circuit Court of Appeals -- dealing a setback to progressive legal advocates who have long seen the court as a safe bet for favorable rulings.

The radical transformation of the San Francisco-based court is largely the result of President Trump's aggressive push to nominate conservative judges and bypass traditional consultations with Senate Democrats -- a practice that has led to repeated howls of protest from California's two Democratic senators, Kamala Harris and Judiciary Committee ranking member Dianne Feinstein. The 9th Circuit has a sprawling purview over cases arising in nine western states, including California, Hawaii, and Oregon.

MAKAVELI

Trump reshapes long-liberal 9th Circuit, as Republican-appointed judges gain seats on court
For the first time in more than three decades, Republican-appointed judges will soon occupy nearly half the seats on the left-leaning
9th Circuit Court of Appeals -- dealing a setback to progressive legal advocates who have long seen the court as a safe bet for favorable rulings.

The radical transformation of the San Francisco-based court is largely the result of President Trump's aggressive push to nominate conservative judges and bypass traditional consultations with Senate Democrats -- a practice that has led to repeated howls of protest from California's two Democratic senators, Kamala Harris and Judiciary Committee ranking member Dianne Feinstein. The 9th Circuit has a sprawling purview over cases arising in nine western states, including California, Hawaii, and Oregon.

What comes around goes around in 2021.

floridays

Thank you old man, you did some work for me.
Beyond being a scholar and gentleman, you're old, I'll bet you even smell as an old person does. ?:lol::lips: