Improve Our Safety

BrownbyNight

No. I wanted to discuss our so-called "proper stretching" methods.

Here is a question for ya - what contributes the most to tired feet/legs, an improper fitting shoe which does not support pronation issues you may have or the overall weight of the shoe?

:devil:
I don't understand what you're getting at.

Pronation is a physiological flaw caused by a musculoskeletal weakness/imbalance.

The weight of your shoes is a nearly meaningless statistic. The weight range of the average work boot is small enough to be irrelevant in terms of tiring out the legs.

watdaflock?

Pronation is a physiological flaw caused by a musculoskeletal weakness/imbalance.

The weight of your shoes is a nearly meaningless statistic. The weight range of the average work boot is small enough to be irrelevant in terms of tiring out the legs.
Tell that to your knees and ankles after 30 years of getting in and out of the truck.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

:youreright:

Thank you.

Quite common around here.

(These two should get a room.)

BrownbyNight

Tell that to your knees and ankles after 30 years of getting in and out of the truck.

Well yes and no.

Yes if you have an imbalance/weakness.

No if you don't.

It's not your fault if you do - and it's not your fault for not knowing. Sports medicine is only now getting to the point where world class athletes are being made aware of the precision involved with high forces applied to the human body. We are still years behind that in dealing with low force chronic degeneration issues.

If you're still an active worker, can I ask how you walk? Do you notice yourself walking on the outside of your foot a lot?

P.s. I've had deltoid ankle surgery, Jones fracture on the fifth metatarsal in my foot, torn ankle retinaculum, four fractured vertebrae wings, dislocated hips twice, countless bone spurs in my feet, a lot of broken toes, a few broken fingers, and two broken arms. I remember being momentarily immobilized from pain/numbness in my lower back/legs. Let the MRI decide. "I'm sorry Mr. Wayne, but I cannot recommend you go heli-skiing."

Well yes and no.

Yes if you have an imbalance/weakness.

No if you don't.

It's not your fault if you do - and it's not your fault for not knowing. Sports medicine is only now getting to the point where world class athletes are being made aware of the precision involved with high forces applied to the human body. We are still years behind that in dealing with low force chronic degeneration issues.

If you're still an active worker, can I ask how you walk? Do you notice yourself walking on the outside of your foot a lot?

P.s. I've had deltoid ankle surgery, Jones fracture on the fifth metatarsal in my foot, torn ankle retinaculum, four fractured vertebrae wings, dislocated hips twice, countless bone spurs in my feet, a lot of broken toes, a few broken fingers, and two broken arms. I remember being momentarily immobilized from pain/numbness in my lower back/legs. Let the MRI decide. "I'm sorry Mr. Wayne, but I cannot recommend you go heli-skiing."
All that i can tell you is. When I wear lighter shoes my knees feel a whole lot better.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
P.s. I've had deltoid ankle surgery, Jones fracture on the fifth metatarsal in my foot, torn ankle retinaculum, four fractured vertebrae wings, dislocated hips twice, countless bone spurs in my feet, a lot ofbroken toes, a few broken fingers, and two broken arms. I remember being momentarily immobilized from pain/numbness in my lower back/legs. Let the MRI decide. "I'm sorry Mr. Wayne, but I cannot recommend you go heli-skiing
Are you sure you're not Evel Knievel?