Improvements to our trucks

Schweddy

Balls
I think they should add radios

5s0b8TH.jpg

Oldfart

We have several Sprinters with factory radios. The rest of us use a variety of radios. Several of us have Sirius radios we carry. The mechanic installed 12v power ports in all the vans that didn't already have them and that made a radio much easier to use.

SmithBarney

They are looking for real-time GPS data, instead of delayed until the end of the day like it is right now.

Unfortunately the hardware we have cannot(well it can but not for long) provide this data without destroying battery life... extended run batteries are available, but FedEx is too cheap, and they still wouldn't provide enough run time.
While real time GPS data would be very beneficial especially in the PUP dispatch cycle(closest driver gets the pup) likely hood of abuse/misuse could be high, lets not forget yesterdays "hack" I mean technical difficulties we had...

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Well, my mind is assured, because my PERSONAL letter from the Chairman acknowledged that, telematics is coming to monitor MY SAFETY. Imagine my shame at thinking there was any ulterior motive. THANK YOU Uncle Fred.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
The good news is I can still drive the rentals like I stole 'em.

Ugh, the current one I'm in has a speed governor to max out at 75 mph

My former rental, however, was set to ludicrous speed...

tumblr_lwo6kv54As1ql141xo1_250.gif

Mebbe that's how I wore down those soft continental tires at 25k miles

Star B

White Lightening
Well, my mind is assured, because my PERSONAL letter from the Chairman acknowledged that, telematics is coming to monitor MY SAFETY. Imagine my shame at thinking there was any ulterior motive. THANK YOU Uncle Fred.
The letter says "Class 8", which is heavyweight. Says nothing about our little trucks.

Oh, and he wants to compress the delivery window down, you do that by not pushing the courier to the max, which is totally against ProfitServiceProfit.

Purplepackage

The letter says "Class 8", which is heavyweight. Says nothing about our little trucks.

Oh, and he wants to compress the delivery window down, you do that by not pushing the courier to the max, which is totally against ProfitServiceProfit.

Compress the delivery window?

Star B

White Lightening
FedEx delivery manager will send out e-mails to the customer typically giving a time frame on when their package will be dropped off.

For example, one of my recent deliveries(ground), it said "Between 9:10AM and 2:30PM"

They want it to be "Your FedEx courier will be there between 10:30AM and 11:00AM". I dunno how tight they want to go, but I could see a 30 minute window esp with ISR/DSR/ASR shipments.