Improvements to our trucks

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Telematic-style systems are coming! Will allow real-time and collated location info, speed, engine data (oil pressure, temperature, etc.), and more. ETA on installations vary widely. If you have anything to hide, you'll have to try harder.

40 and out

Telematic-style systems are coming! Will allow real-time and collated location info, speed, engine data (oil pressure, temperature, etc.), and more. ETA on installations vary widely. If you have anything to hide, you'll have to try harder.
You are in for all kinds of fun if they use it as a surveillance and discipline tool like we do at UPS, especially when it is first introduced.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh joy. One of only a very few things we have over UPS....gone. Retirement can't come fast enough.

Star B

White Lightening
well, it's already happening in the semis.

I would hope that couriers would start uprising and start demanding UPS wages/union for UPS style harassment. But that's nothing a few lunches and soothing words from management wont quell in the minds of the idiots.

bacha29

You are in for all kinds of fun if they use it as a surveillance and discipline tool like we do at UPS, especially when it is first introduced.
Wait until they try this out on the so called "independent contractors" over at Ground. Don't think they won't try this sometime in the near future? When G ordered me to turn over the PRIVATE payroll records of my privately organized S corp for their audit, evaluation, retention that was it for me.That was when they crossed the line. I had nothing to hide but when I asked for the specific rule of law that granted them legal access they provided nothing. No surprise. They're FedEx. The law doesn't APPLY to them, especially now with all the major class actions settled with G not having to admit fault or liability.

Meat

What percentage of employees do you think have something to hide? I estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of sixty.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh joy. One of only a very few things we have over UPS....gone. Retirement can't come fast enough.

Telematics is little more than a nuisance if you have nothing to hide.

Telematics has proven useful when dealing with customers who call in bogus concerns, primarily for speeding.

Telematics has also supported valid concerns regarding speeding.

bacha29

Ground or Express?

There is one Express guy here who makes me look like a little old lady with the way he drives. He is a very aggressive driver.
That's one of the reasons why they might make ground install them. Many contractor employees are paid on a perdiem basis whereby it doesn't matter whether they're out there 8 hours or 12 hours it all pays the same.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Telematics is little more than a nuisance if you have nothing to hide.

Telematics has proven useful when dealing with customers who call in bogus concerns, primarily for speeding.

Telematics has also supported valid concerns regarding speeding.
I know. I just don't like being watched like that. Kind of creepy. I'm going to do the right thing almost all the time anyway. Only thing they'll catch me doing is putting the freight up front.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wait until they try this out on the so called "independent contractors" over at Ground. Don't think they won't try this sometime in the near future?

Considering that half the Ground trucks sputter and die whenever you have the turn signal and the vent fan on at the same time, I doubt they'll bother installing any good equipment on them.

When G ordered me to turn over the PRIVATE payroll records of my privately organized S corp for their audit, evaluation, retention that was it for me.That was when they crossed the line. I had nothing to hide but when I asked for the specific rule of law that granted them legal access they provided nothing. No surprise. They're FedEx. The law doesn't APPLY to them, especially now with all the major class actions settled with G not having to admit fault or liability.

Sure.

bacha29

Considering that half the Ground trucks sputter and die whenever you have the turn signal and the vent fan on at the same time, I doubt they'll bother installing any good equipment on them.

Sure.
As the resident expert on all aspects of corporate operations regardless of the operating unit I am stunned to learn that you're not aware of Ground's long standing practice of demanding access to contractor's private payroll records auditing them then keeping them for their own benefit. As for the accuracy of my payroll records, despite the fact that I worked for HRB as a side line job for more than 10 years with a standing offer to return I had a good friend and certified public accountant prepare file and remit all necessary payroll related information to the only three entities that have a legal right to them, the IRS along with the state and local revenue departments. Wanting that information is a clear testament to the corporate paranoia and suspicion G has long held regarding contractors and the most glaring example to date of it's overreach when it comes to the command and control over a workforce they claim to be "independent contractors". BTW. I am and continue to be in good standing with all revenue departments especially the only one that truly matters....The Internal Revenue Service. In fact in the coming days I will meet with the IRS and present to them a proposal regarding the tax liability as it pertains to the recent 20 state MDL settlement.