In a bad situation at the job. Need some help

GenericUsername

It goes like this:

- Pick up phone.
- Dial center's phone number.
- Ask to speak with supervisor.
- Don't be an a*hole.
- Tell supervisor you have serious family issues going on (don't get into details) and that you'll be missing work due to it.
- Call out each day until the issue is solved.
- Show up to work and do your job when things are fixed.

It's that simple. No social stress about it at all. When I call out it's normally like so: "Hey this is (my name.) I won't be in today as (reason for calling out goes here.) Have a good day." *click*

Box Ox

I'm assuming your young.

I've never seen a young person without a phone.

Use phone to call out.

Simple.

People who are 18 today were 4 when Facebook was launched. Think some young folks are absolutely terrified of human interaction or potential conflict because they've never had to face it.

Easier to come here and ask what to do about situations that have really escalated that simple human interaction could have solved in the first place.

john chesney

So I'll just get right to it. They said I'm getting a third warning letter and a 3 day suspension (rightfully so I'll say) but after they told me a couple days passed and they never did. Right after that whole fiasco happened I had some huge family problems and I haven't been to work in a week and a day no call no show (no point they already hate me) Is there a time limit before it's considered job adandonment? I'm finally going back tomorrow and I'm a little worried lmao. I do however know that they're desperate for preloaders and driver and I can do both. It's just my attendance has been deplorable. Am I screwed?
If you were in a coma at the hospital you can get your job back if not then no

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah yeah trash me all y'all want the whole reason I was absent was because of serious family problems. Sorry if that makes me a bad employee but I care about my family more. Need to some suits stocks.
If you were a supervisor who had to get through a shift day after day, would you put up with the actions you’ve taken? I mean, c’mon man! We all have problems. But if you can’t commit to the team, even if only to call in, then it’s time to find another team.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yeah yeah trash me all y'all want the whole reason I was absent was because of serious family problems. Sorry if that makes me a bad employee but I care about my family more. Need to some suits stocks.

You've already set the stage that you are an employee with a target on your back and a looming rightful suspension.
After an answer, you shrugged and said you have a new job lined up anyway.
Being a union employee, you could have used the contract to your advantage or gone to HR for a FMLA leave.

I have no sympathy for your situation, you created it yourself.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

3 days no call no show is a voluntary quit.
Please, they’re so desperate for uneducated cheap meat bags he’ll never be fired. The pre load sup caught my loader taking a nap in my PC seat and fired him, he was back the next morning. Comes and goes when he wants at least three misloads per day. And that dirtbag just got his 14$ raise.