In general, how disciplined are drivers?

DS

Fenderbender
There, I fixed it for you again. Why do you find it so pleasing to call people names? Were you picked on as a child? Was that really necessary?
Would #4 be the glitch that dilli spoke about? The one where you have one street that is ne on one side and se on the other?
Everyone is a mod here,thx stug

22.34life

Clueless, we get $10 for an ADC whether it is done at the center or through the DIAD.

$13 dollars down here in texas buddy,dont you know everthings bigger in texas.let me ask you this smart guy what about packages that have shipper instructions not to address correct ,do you correct them also.are you sure the cust gets charged if you do it through the diad,never heard that before.

UPSGUY72

$13 dollars down here in texas buddy,dont you know everthings bigger in texas.let me ask you this smart guy what about packages that have shipper instructions not to address correct ,do you correct them also.are you sure the cust gets charged if you do it through the diad,never heard that before.

No you don't addreses correct those packages that have don't address correct that is a service that the shipper requested you RTS them to the shipper. Yes the customer gets charged it doesn't matter if a clerk or a driver changes the address if you push the address correct key the shipper gets charged same with the sig required key.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I checked the service guide to make sure and it is $11 for address correction on premium products and $10 for ground. It is on page 60.

Packages that say Do Not Address Correct cannot be ADC and must be RTS. These are normally checks or other banking materials.

RustyPMcG

I checked the service guide to make sure and it is $11 for address correction on premium products and $10 for ground. It is on page 60.

Packages that say Do Not Address Correct cannot be ADC and must be RTS. These are normally checks or other banking materials.

Also, some customer's incentive programs waive these fees (as well as Delivery Intercept fees.) For example, a TUPSS doesn't pay these fees. Each time it happens it shows up on my itemized bill, but it shows an incentive credit equal to the charge, leaving a net cost of zero.

Now I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I investigate every exception that relates to a bad address, and I also double-check each of these items that show up on my bill. Many times I'm sending in a Delivery Intercept with the right address within a half-hour of getting an e-mail from QuantumView.

A couple years ago I did see one in which the problem was a lack of a suite number. Admittedly it wasn't there, but in the course of researching for the correction, I looked at a satelite photo, saw that the building was pretty small, and based on my Google search, it only had four tenants, one of which was the company name that was on the label. But I only saw something that bad once. There have been some missing apartment numbers that may or may not have been easily resolved in the field, but not being there, I wouldn't want to make a judgement on those.

On the flip-side, I've had packages that the address the customer gave me just didn't validate. Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, a very good people search site I use, and every trick in the book didn't help, and the customer insisted that the address they were giving me was good. I sent these packages, did a little prayer, and low and behold, they not only got delivered, but they made service. So more than a few someones out there are doing one heck of a job.

browniehound

Upstate, I was curious on this also and I'm glad you brought this up. How does is work? Just because the customer writes on the address label "No address correction, RTS only" allows them this priveledge?

I also notice one particular company (the deluxe check company I think?) creates a C-PAD warning (50 bucks to anyone who can tell me what 'C-PAD' stands for! lol) instructing us RTS only. I guessing that if they do the "C-PAD" warning they must be let off the hook on address corrections because they must be paying a fee for this option, but what about the others that just print it on the label?

Also, I'm hesitant to do address corrections for the simple fact that I haven't been instructed, told, certified, etc. in at least 10 years. In addition to this, I haven't heard about a goal on address corrections as a revenue generator since training school. So, as a result I don'tdo them unless I get the same one week after week thinking this might get them to address it right (wrong addresses cause problems in my EDD in which I will drive to the stop only to find the PAL label is wrong and I wasted precious pre-1030 time).

Since I haven't had heard a PCM on it in the last decade, I thought perhaps they didn't want the driver to do address corrections because it might chase our customers to the competition? Just thinking here...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Deluxe prints checks and if there is an error with the address on the pkg there is most likely an error on the checks.

Address corrections are very simple to do in the DIAD. I have never thought of them as a revenue generator--I do the ADC in the DIAD so that the customer will get their pkg(s) on the same day rather than the following working day. If I do 5 of them a day that is a lot.

I have one NDA stop that insists upon using the wrong suite number so I have no problem doing that ADC.

If the shipper instructs us not to address correct their pkg we simply RTS them.

rod

Retired 22 years
Also, some customer's incentive programs waive these fees (as well as Delivery Intercept fees.) For example, a TUPSS doesn't pay these fees. Each time it happens it shows up on my itemized bill, but it shows an incentive credit equal to the charge, leaving a net cost of zero.

Now I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I investigate every exception that relates to a bad address, and I also double-check each of these items that show up on my bill. Many times I'm sending in a Delivery Intercept with the right address within a half-hour of getting an e-mail from QuantumView.

A couple years ago I did see one in which the problem was a lack of a suite number. Admittedly it wasn't there, but in the course of researching for the correction, I looked at a satelite photo, saw that the building was pretty small, and based on my Google search, it only had four tenants, one of which was the company name that was on the label. But I only saw something that bad once. There have been some missing apartment numbers that may or may not have been easily resolved in the field, but not being there, I wouldn't want to make a judgement on those.

On the flip-side, I've had packages that the address the customer gave me just didn't validate. Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, a very good people search site I use, and every trick in the book didn't help, and the customer insisted that the address they were giving me was good. I sent these packages, did a little prayer, and low and behold, they not only got delivered, but they made service. So more than a few someones out there are doing one heck of a job.[/QUOTE]

One Christmas we had a package addressed to:

Grandpa and Grandma:
XXXXXX, Mn.

It was a small town with only about 2500 population but really now-- we aren't mind readers. Amazingly the driver made delievery on the package by asking everyone he encountered if they had ever heard of the family listed on the return address. Someone finally said that they thought that was so and sos daughter (different name by the way). Small towns---ya have to love them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was a small town with only about 2500 population but really now-- we aren't mind readers. Amazingly the driver made delievery on the package by asking everyone he encountered if they had ever heard of the family listed on the return address. Someone finally said that they thought that was so and sos daughter (different name by the way). Small towns---ya have to love them.

When I had my country run one of the towns on this route had less than 200 residents that was a 10 mile round trip from the main highway. I had a money order COD for a consignee who left this note on the door: "Money Order is at Grandma's House" I knew who Grandma was and where she lived and was able to deliver the package. That is the beauty of a small town.

I wonder how many cover drivers would have simply left an info notice.

RustyPMcG

The "small town" thing reminds me of something. The address the customer gave us didn't validate. It didn't map on Google Maps, either. The road was there, but apparently address numbers were 4-digits, not 5-digits. Nothing close. Our people finder website didn't come up with anything, either. We called our customer, and she insisted the address she gave us was right, and that everyone would know this woman because she was the superintendant of schools in this dinky town. And, "The Post Office doesn't have any problems finding her."

Okay. Sent it through, and prayed. The address got corrected to something that bore no resembelence to the address she gave us, but I made a note of it in our records.

Three months later, she comes in with another package for her friend. This time we tell her that the last package had an address correction, and told her the address it went to. She was even more insistant that her address was right, and she sends letters there all the time and "The Post Office doesn't have any problems finding her."

So I said, what the heck. The customer is always right, and sent it to the non-existant address again. Again it was corrected, and delivered to the same address as the first time.

A few months later, the woman comes in again. This time she's appolgising to us. She told her friend about how we kept telling her that the address she had was wrong, and her friend said, "I've been meaning to tell you that all the letters and packages you've sent me have the wrong address, but I kept forgetting."

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When I had my country run one of the towns on this route had less than 200 residents that was a 10 mile round trip from the main highway. I had a money order COD for a consignee who left this note on the door: "Money Order is at Grandma's House" I knew who Grandma was and where she lived and was able to deliver the package. That is the beauty of a small town.

If I didn't know where grandma's house was, YES!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

All of them?

If I didn't know where grandma's house was, YES!
Ditto.

This was a small town where everyone knew everyone else so if I hadn't known I am sure someone in town would have. This was also back when we had time for customer service.
Now you're starting to understand.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think he has always understood, Stephen. :happy2:
LOL, this reminds me of what I told a customer/friend on the route today. She always calls me Stephen when she see's me, as well. I told her beside you (dilli) and a couple of family members, that you all are the only ones that use my full given name.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL, this reminds me of what I told a customer/friend on the route today. She always calls me Stephen when she see's me, as well. I told her beside you (dilli) and a couple of family members, that you all are the only ones that use my full given name.:happy2:

Hope that doesn't bother you. Stephen just fits you. I don't see you as a Steve. :dont_know: