In response to the thread on UPS extra pick up fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I noticed I have not been made a mod yet. I could specifically be in charge of monitoring new threads like this and rule with an iron fist.

but other than that, have not noticed any other issues.

I have two years seniority on you, fellow.

Man up and wait your turn.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The same box that would have cost me $28.53 was $8.30 USPS and will arrive the same day - tomorrow. Same service 71 percent less cost.

And free insurance and free pick up with USPS. And yes I know USPS may have a delayed shipment or even lose a parcel compared to UPS, I can handle that with insurance and the savings USPS is giving me.

I see UPS lost 1 billion dollars in revenue when Amazon dumped them due to their higher rates and not meeting deadlines. One of my suppliers offers the option of USPS vs. UPS as it's usually cheaper.

And for those of you that said your pensions and wages were safe:

http://labornotes.org/2015/12/teamster-retirees-demand-trustees-stop-rush-slash-pensions-half

And no I'm not trolling. Just responding to the snarky posts from another thread. I still think you are hard working people as I have friends that are drivers and a UPS retired brother-in-law. Of course some of you here have the maturity of a 5th grader. LOL

Cheers! Best of luck with UPS's future.
Good luck with that. You do know the USPS is considering delivering rural addresses only twice week in the future including pick ups? You see, they lose billions each year and the tax payers find that cheap price you paid through interest free government backed loans given to them.

How do you think that box cost 8.50? Because they like you and your small business? Nope. They lose money on every package they take. And no it's not the "same service ". Wait until you have to file a claim on that package. Their process for that is bad.

But thank you for coming on here. We shall pass your concern to corporate. I'm sure the loss of your rural shipping will hurt. Oh wait, nope but the USPS will probably lose money picking up your package out in the middle of nowhere.

And no ups didn't lose 1 billion due to Amazon. Your facts are wrong. Amazon accounts for very little percentage of our volume and revenue.

Man if you run your business like you research facts, no wonder after 30 years, you're still a "small " business.

Future

Victory Ride
Reporting for Troll duty sir.
image.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Good luck with that. You do know the USPS is considering delivering rural addresses only twice week in the future including pick ups? You see, they lose billions each year and the tax payers find that cheap price you paid through interest free government backed loans given to them.

How do you think that box cost 8.50? Because they like you and your small business? Nope. They lose money on every package they take. And no it's not the "same service ". Wait until you have to file a claim on that package. Their process for that is bad.

But thank you for coming on here. We shall pass your concern to corporate. I'm sure the loss of your rural shipping will hurt. Oh wait, nope but the USPS will probably lose money picking up your package out in the middle of nowhere.

And no ups didn't lose 1 billion due to Amazon. Your facts are wrong. Amazon accounts for very little percentage of our volume and revenue.

Man if you run your business like you research facts, no wonder after 30 years, you're still a "small " business.
As an ORS I'm thinking

"Thanks for saving me all those miles"

clean hairy

I guess this guy is on different Airline forums complaining about all the extra fees they charge, how his $200 ticket ended up costing him $300.
But, he got the same service on "Piper Cub Airlines" for only $125!

Status
Not open for further replies.