In the ghetto...

Seriously, in all of my 25+ years doing this job, there has only been one small area on one of my routes that I felt uneasy in.
This is why new drivers need to learn how to play the game early in their careers.
When sent out on a route in a questionable area, don't be a runner/gunner and smoke it, or you will get stuck running it again. If you make the report look like :censored2: the next day, mgt will think twice about sending you out on that route again.
If it's a good route, try your best to impress.
This method was taught to me by a few veteran drivers during my first year, and other than the route I mentioned above, all of my routes have been in the nicer, more affluent areas of town because of their advice. Maybe I was just lucky, maybe this technique worked. I don't know for sure, but it has truly been nice not having to watch my back (except for mgt) while running my routes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
He steps off the curb, sees the car
Tries to run, but he don't get far.
And his momma cries......

As a crowd gathers 'round the angry, brown man
facedown in the street with a box in his hand.
In the ghetto.....in the ghettoooooooooo.

box_beeyotch

Dischargeable offense with little to no hope of getting your job back.

I know......only if they find out.

I have said though, that I would rather be unemployed than dead.
You hit the nail on the head brother. Wasn't necessarily just speaking of packing heat either.

hyena

359d0yp.gif

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I rarely have problems with the resis, its the kids walking around. That do not belong. And you will have no problem with them once they realize your truck is not going to go around them when they are in the road. I almost let them block me once, and it would have been hell from there on, news travels fast. The brown truck dont move. They do.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
This is why I don't go into most apartment buildings on my route and while I'll probably bid off this route within a year.

Yes those are 4 bullet holes.
I always enjoyed delivering to the pizza hut with the bullet proof glass. I had to slide the package in the slot where the pizzas go.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I always enjoyed delivering to the pizza hut with the bullet proof glass. I had to slide the package in the slot where the pizzas go.
Yeah i have a bunch of places like that and they'll usually come out and get the package but this one check cashing place won't...and tries to get me to stuff packages into this tiny plexiglass locking cube. Unless its something tiny i tell them it wont fit again...and then start to leave and they buzz open an airlock area where I can leave it. They then have me put the diad in that plexiglass locking cube. So tired of the games.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I rarely have problems with the resis, its the kids walking around. That do not belong. And you will have no problem with them once they realize your truck is not going to go around them when they are in the road. I almost let them block me once, and it would have been hell from there on, news travels fast. The brown truck dont move. They do.
I have no problem going around the brats, but i have trouble with tgem trying to get a ride on the rear bumper. After smacking their head against the back door or braking hard as they're running reaching for the rear bumper frame you'd think they'd learn.

box_beeyotch

I have no problem going around the brats, but i have trouble with tgem trying to get a ride on the rear bumper. After smacking their head against the back door or braking hard as they're running reaching for the rear bumper frame you'd think they'd learn.

I have a problem with the junkies asking me as the ups man for drugs. Also, the ugly bearded prostitutes flaunting themselves to you because your a truck driver. I've never had a violent encounter or feared for my life. I'm from here, so it's nothing new to me.

Anthonysg0113

Today, I actually saw, I really did, an empty beer bottle on the side of the road that someone had thrown out of their car window. Seriously, I do not lie.
This is why I love delivering to affluent suburbia.:P Nothing ever happens there, and that's the way I like it.
That's my route as well. Major shopping centers Walmart, Lowes...etc. then it's big rich neighborhoods. No hood, no woods, and no hills!

ManInBrown

Today, I actually saw, I really did, an empty beer bottle on the side of the road that someone had thrown out of their car window. Seriously, I do not lie.
This is why I love delivering to affluent suburbia.:P Nothing ever happens there, and that's the way I like it.
Same here. Worse thing I've seen on my route is someone hitting a deer. Just the way I like it

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Had a lady stop and ask me how nice the neighborhood was,, she was gonnah buy a house there ,,, I told her nice place I've been here 15 yrs no problems !! That nite a 25 yr old stabs his mother to death in house next to one lady asked about ,, nice affluent neighborhood , you just never know!!!!

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I have a couple of section 8 housing areas on my route, go there in the morning and you are fine, most of them are still sleeping. But go there late near dark and things get a bit hairy. The only thing is needing a sig. and if you knock on the door at 10 am you wake them up and they get mad.

Indecisi0n

I have a couple of section 8 housing areas on my route, go there in the morning and you are fine, most of them are still sleeping. But go there late near dark and things get a bit hairy. The only thing is needing a sig. and if you knock on the door at 10 am you wake them up and they get mad.
If you knock on the door at 3pm you still wake them up.