Inbox test

chonky

Does anyone have any information regarding the inbox test? I have to take it this week, and was curious what it all entailed?

Have fun with that. The "Inbox" test I guess is still part of the promotion process (MAPP)? You are given a time limit along with a bunch of tasks and you have to organize and prioritize these tasks to fit in your 8 hour day (yeah right). Some tasks are important and some tasks you won't even do. You literally have to do these tasks (write memo's, emails, calculations, reports, etc) and write them into time slots in your workday.

When I worked there and took it (long time ago), I heard from others that the "pass" rate was very low. It is graded by a specially trained management person so the scoring is not cut and dry, actually very subjective, depending on the person doing the grading.

Good luck !!

rod

Retired 22 years
Have fun with that. The "Inbox" test I guess is still part of the promotion process (MAPP)? You are given a time limit along with a bunch of tasks and you have to organize and prioritize these tasks to fit in your 8 hour day (yeah right). Some tasks are important and some tasks you won't even do. You literally have to do these tasks (write memo's, emails, calculations, reports, etc) and write them into time slots in your workday.

When I worked there and took it (long time ago), I heard from others that the "pass" rate was very low. It is graded by a specially trained management person so the scoring is not cut and dry, actually very subjective, depending on the person doing the grading.

Good luck !!

I always wondered what kind of training they gave management to make it possible to turn what should be an easy job (get a box from point A to point B) into such a cluster :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:.

tieguy

Banned

Good luck !!

I've seen different versions of the inbox. Did not think it was completely subjective. There are quantifiable answers you have to extract from the information.

If you have good common sense and the ability to perform business type math functions then you should do well.

The test is confidential so I won't say anymore then that.

old levi's

blank space
Look through the entire box before you begin any individual task. Then prioritize the work. The most urgent concern could be next to last in the box.
Good Luck

JustTired

free at last.......
Let's see........

Prioritize the following:

1. Call district to see if you can add a route.

2. Call district to see if you can run an air driver.

3. Call district to see if you can take a lunch.

4. Call district to see who you need to discipline.

5. Call district to get your discipline.

6. Call district to confirm that you've got the PCM down word for word.

7. Repeat to anyone that has a problem...."Well, district says....(insert standard rhetoric here)..."

8. Call district to see if your mate is available for sex this weekend.

rod

Retired 22 years
Let's see........

7. Repeat to anyone that has a problem...."Well, district says....(insert standard rhetoric here)..."

Burn!!! :puppet:

old levi's

blank space
Let's see........

Already know the answer to that one . No call necessary.

over9five

Staff member
Let's see........

I thought "Call district" was out of date. I think you now just "Read EMail orders from IE".

tieguy

Banned
I thought "Call district" was out of date. I think you now just "Read EMail orders from IE".

I usually delete mine. IE is an excuse . Most IE sups have never run an operation and need guidance from operations just to do thier job.

Most of our planned numbers are coming from corporate or region level planners.

JustTired

free at last.......

Most of our planned numbers are coming from corporate or region level planners.

OK, guess I followed the chain of command a little too closely. But you are right. Which means that the higher up these decisions are made...the more people that will be effected by them. One idiot at the top and it's the whole lemmings thing.

Still....I stand by my belief that nothing good ever comes from "micro-management". It's the empowerment of people that makes a successful business. Otherwise, you're just breeding morons who eventually become those 'in charge'.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line."
- Grand Moff Tarkin