Incident at Hub

Re-Raise

You never had a bad day?
I am really surprised at your position on this. There is no gray area here in my opinion. The person that left a hit and run accident was wrong. I would tell that person to admit it themselves or I would do it for them.

My 22 year old daughter just called me last Sunday to tell me the wind took her car door out of her hand and door dinged the vehicle next to her on campus. She called me to tell me she left a note on the car with her information, and wanted to let me know in case we had to get our insurance company involved.

Accidents happen. Dishonesty is a conscious decision.

I am really surprised at your position on this. There is no gray area here in my opinion. The person that left a hit and run accident was wrong. I would tell that person to admit it themselves or I would do it for them.

My 22 year old daughter just called me last Sunday to tell me the wind took her car door out of her hand and door dinged the vehicle next to her on campus. She called me to tell me she left a note on the car with her information, and wanted to let me know in case we had to get our insurance company involved.

I'm not saying I wouldn't report it if I did it. Just saying I'm not turning someone else in.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Different situation nobody was gonna threaten to fire her or kick her out of school
They've got these kids scared of their own shadow
It's a damn shame

Re-Raise

Different situation nobody was gonna threaten to fire her or kick her out of school
It's a damn shame
Higher stakes won't make me become a liar.

It is interesting to hear how many of you think it is okay to lie or pretend you didn't do something because the consequences could be bad. It is actually pretty telling.

I own up to my mistakes.

It is more important to me that when I say something people know it is the truth, than that they think I didn't break a $5 mirror.

It's a damn shame
I even see this with my son who has only been driving for less then a year. Do your best, don't crash, don't get hurt, make all your commits, don't lie and own up to your mistakes is what I tell him. I think it is higher management threatening center managers and sups who are driving the fear. I tell my son I have seen lots of sups and managers quit, get fired or demoted but very few Union members have had to leave in my 40 years.

JackOfClubs

PT Bureaucrat
I'm not saying I wouldn't report it if I did it. Just saying I'm not turning someone else in.
But what if the OP were held responsible for it, when it was clearly someone else's fault? They shouldn't take the fall simply to protect a fellow Teamster. Nobody is going to lose their job or face disciplinary action over a $5 mirror. They just need to know what happened.