Income Inequality

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think anyone is looking for incomes being equal. But there seems to be a problem when executive compensation increases tenfold, the stock market doubles, and workers income is left to erode in low inflation year after year. And people look at these facts and insist that the system isn't rigged, that the invisible hand of the free markets is the great equalizer?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
you-owe-me.jpg

island1fox

How would you explain the income gap where the only difference is the sex of the employee?
UPS,

Do Ups women drivers make any less than males --union you say !

Do Ups Managers men and women for same job make different salaries ? ----all very close some women higher than men --some men higher than women --based on merit.

Do more women than men in Business refuse any extra work or overtime because of children or family issues ?

Does a female mcd's burger flipper make less than a male ??

Can anyone name a Company or Business or Union that pays women les than men --In todays world.

When Politicians's use those "per hour rates on average" they do not explain what is comprised in those rates.

Something like Warren Buffet makes more than his secretary :happy-very:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can anyone name a Company or Business or Union that pays women les than men --In todays world.
Walmart. The supreme court might have sided with the corporation(surprise surprise),but the numbers don't lie, Walmart pays and promotes women less.

While we're on the subject of Walmart.... they are citing federal cuts to welfare programs as the reason they didn't meet their 4th quarter profit expectations. Funny that the largest employer in the United States is so dependent on entitlements to subsidize their profits.

http://www.infowars.com/wal-mart-food-stamp-cuts-will-hurt-our-profits/

island1fox

Walmart. The supreme court might have sided with the corporation(surprise surprise),but the numbers don't lie, Walmart pays and promotes women less.

While we're on the subject of Walmart.... they are citing federal cuts to welfare programs as the reason they didn't meet their 4th quarter profit expectations. Funny that the largest employer in the United States is so dependent on entitlements to subsidize their profits.

http://www.infowars.com/wal-mart-food-stamp-cuts-will-hurt-our-profits/

Dido,

You are kidding of course. The court rules in Walmarts favor-/California of all places -yet you decree they are Guilty!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't think anyone is looking for incomes being equal. But there seems to be a problem when executive compensation increases tenfold, the stock market doubles, and workers income is left to erode in low inflation year after year. And people look at these facts and insist that the system isn't rigged, that the invisible hand of the free markets is the great equalizer?
I don't know of any free markets except when I deal with individual business owners.
Anybody that works for a corporation is not in the free market and they are not competing. They are along for the ride.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know of any free markets except when I deal with individual business owners.
Anybody that works for a corporation is not in the free market and they are not competing. They are along for the ride.
Even then they aren't free markets because the cost those owners charge will necessarily be dictated by costs and regulation in the larger scheme of macro-economics.

brett636

I like where you start by stating incomes don't need to be equalized then end your statement about the need for incomes to be equalized.

Look, the free market works as it works. It isn't always fair, it isn't always equal, but its the best damn system we as human beings have ever been able to devise. I know you think it doesn't "work", but let me give you some examples. Why does Walmart pay $17/hr. for new hires in North Dakota? Why is it from my very first job I took in 1998 I have never been paid minimum wage? Why don't you(assuming you aren't) paying your drivers minimum wage since you can pay them whatever you please? I will tell you why, the free market demands a higher wage and therefore it is paid as such. Some jobs just weren't meant to support a lifestyle of the rich and famous and not everyone is meant to be so. Its the unequal nature we as human beings are subjected to at our births simply because none of us are equally skilled or equally intelligent which in turn means unequal incomes and wealth. This is why I originally, and correctly, pointed out that this income inequality "issue" is a false one at best. Its a pathetic attempt to change our very nature which is a feat no politician can accomplish, but it sure does sound good to the dumb masses who are all too willing to hand over more power to the ever more powerful ruling class who are interested in everything except our best interests as free people.

Last edited: