Income Inequality

island1fox

tos,

Maybe everything you post -I should give "mother jones " the credit.

Get off the fox news nonsense --everyone has heard it -disagree or not.

Not fox---Read the ACA-The law defines for employers --full time vs part time jobs --and what Employers will and wll not have to provide healthcare. Just a fact.

The dopey law is giving employers an out -by-reducing hours --eliminate full time jobs and create more part time positions ----where the employer does not have to give very expensive healthcare .

Not too hard to figure out !! For most .

Working less hours and many more part time jobs will further the income inequality gap.

island1fox

Upstate,

I think that is a very good question.

I am a firm believer that the Government should not be involved in the free market.

Because the government is making mandates on business --they will react--does not make it right.

Provide for our defense--let the private sector work out the rest. Over simplifying.

Now we will have a huge response on Healthcare. We did not need the Government to put in the disaster of Obamacare.

Providing cross border competition --limits on Lawsuits and modest tort reform --as well as a medical safety net --such as Medicaid for the people --for whatever reason --cannot provide for themselves is where we should be.

Today Upstate --from what I understand about your posts ---you are preparing and saving and planning your retirement.

Should you --be responsible for the UPS worker who does not save --spends more than he should --thinks the teamsters will take care of him --while he does not plan or take any action to protect himself ???

I respect you for your position on this --and feel it is a shame --as the government expands the safety net into a hammock --in your planned retirement --the government will tax your pension and social security at higher levels-for those that do not prepare.

As you go to work tomorrow --early morning in the ice and snow --how many LAZY people do you have to support --that will get free healthcare --housing--food and energy while staying in bed??

No one ever wants to discuss the lazy ---the number is growing -- the left believes they do not exist.
Just suggest -able bodied-work for food stamps --walmart --mcdonalds ---wherever --there is an uproar of protest.

My point on Obamacare ---It is incenting Employers to create part time jobs --growing the number of takers not earners !! Placing people in dead end jobs forever --the new "Plantation" Basic health, housing and food --same as a slave or prisoner --the only thing required is your vote.

If they keep the jobs full time as they probably want to --the cost of healthcare will put them out of Business.

I believe --just me and you --never mind all the politicians --could do a lot better than the road we are now on !!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
With the loss of over 60 thousand factories during the BUSH administration to overseas countries, what did you expect to happen to income disparity when corporate CEO's are now making 4000 times what their lowest paid hourly workers are making?

Get a clue bro. The free market only works for the rich. The American worker has paid for all these rich wall street CEO's to become wealthier than ever before.

You don't like unemployment? FIRE THE REPUBLICANS.

TOS.
If they don't like it unionize.

island1fox

Did not someone post on here --the system worked --they went from being on Food stamps ---to now making over 100,000 dollars a year as a Delivery Driver at UPS ???

It would the seem the free market --and open and fair competition between Companies such as UPS VS Fedx has worked for millions over the past 107 years.

Too bad in the Country today --People --are "choosing" to work less hours --or none at all --so they can Qualify for Healthcare --Food Stamps --Housing--cell Phones ----that the working People have to pay for !!!

brett636

I don't buy it. The ACA has given the company an out of providing health insurance. Single payer in 10 years.

And this is what concerns me the most. In that time frame my parents will be well into their medicare years if this comes to fruition. As we all know the pot of money for a single payer healthcare system will not be infinite, and the dollars needed to care for younger people in such a system will get a higher priority than older people. As the medicare system is drained of money it needs for the older generation who needs it we will see a sickening level of rationing of care for these people when they need it the most and then that's when government bureaucrats get to make the life and death decisions they have salivated at making for years. I don't want my parent's fate to be tied to the decision of some government mastermind, but as long as you support a single payer healthcare system in this country that is exactly what you will be supporting. This is why I have such a small level of respect for liberals and their utopian ideas. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and that road is being built brick by brick as we speak.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2192bmg.jpg

island1fox

Who are we speaking about ?? The working first Lady splurging on China Tours and 8,500 per night Hotel rooms for family and friends ??
Even though we are paying for her "Service" we are not allowed any media access --it was banned by China you say --NO !---It was banned by the Obama's

They are cutting back and sharing our pain as all American's are doing during these terrible economic times ---Pass the Chystal !!!

wkmac

Partially. Now tell me how we convince the oligarchs to give up that power and move to free markets. Wk insists that some day they will simply come to that conclusion on their own. (Yes, that's over simplification.)

I insist no such thing. If you don't like a disease, you take away the medium upon which it feeds. Once again, my avatar as quote!

On another note,

The rise of anti-capitalism is the rise of free markets.

wkmac

Posted this before elsewhere here but I like much of what my good friend Gary Chartier sez in this interview with Reason TV.