Increase in insurance cost

Indecisi0n

At 25 years I'm out. I don't care what the hell the healthcare is. If I can't save up enough money to retire in 25 years then it's never going to happen.

The Milkman

I made a promise to myself that no matter where I was financially, the day they paid me not to come in , I would quit. 50 would have been better than 52 , but we take the deal we are given. Good for you. They always told me its best in the west. I look at SS the same. No matter the amount , 2 more years , sign me up. One of the "sayings" that stuck with me was, "THEY will treat you like YOU let 'em."

You are spot on with "stay busy". I am grateful for the "2nd life ". The only way to make it last as long as possible is to keep moving'!

You got it Right!

twoweeled

Western Conference was 50 to get insurance when I retired 12 years ago here in roughly a months time! On top of that I left when I was 49 while the company still had me on the books till I was over 50 by using years of saved sick leave and unused vacation.

YUP! I planned ahead to GET the "friend" OUT! Not that I did not like the company or its people! I was just done with shift work. The disdain and stuff I read today by drivers makes it clear I worked in some of the better years. Sure there were policies and changes that made it different along with management who really were in the wrong position. I met many people I am still friends with today, both customer and people I worked with. I learned early on by an older seasoned driver that said things like this "Don't take it personal" " Give an Honest day" Always tell the truth" But the single most important thing he said that wasn't already being done when I worked was " Its their dispatch! Not your problem" Meaning do all the above but don't stress on the load for the day, put it back in their lap with a dime (for you young ones that where you went to a phone booth so you could call your sup). Once I learned that! Life was good!

Actually he taught me more after his death! When he retired I asked what are you gonna do with all your free time? He says " ya know I hustled all my life so I am just gonna relax drink a beer and sit on the couch" At that moment I went "WOW RELAX" sounds great. Six months later we get the info he has died.
So here he goes again teaching me! I decided at that point His quotes were spot on! His final action of just sitting down and stopping would never be my desire!

STAY BUSY!
This should really be considered, mandatory reading. Young and old alike, must read this and follow it. So many hourly at UPS just don't get it. They repeatably cut their own throat, or the throat of a co worker. Worrying about the dispatch, Calling management just to inform them of stuff that is none of your business. Worrying about what your co worker is doing.
Now, more than ever. You have to realize, management is not your friend. They may even be nice, but they are not your friend. You do your job and get the hell outta there. The earlier you get out, the more you will actually make (on average) on pensions. Problems at the hub? NOT YOUR PROBLEM! Adios! I'll be back tomorrow. Damn good post!