Independent Contractor

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why don't you join the FedEx Cheerleading Squad too? You'd be great at it. The more brainless and unquestioning you are, the harder you can cheer, and the better Fred likes it. Keep on being a good sheep. You'll really like it when the Teamsters move-in and you become an employee like the rest of us. Wait and see how fairly Smith negotiates. You'll eventually figure it out for yourself.

sano

Wow mrfedex, I hope you are a caricature on this site. Hopefully you post with a smile on your face as a joke. I suspect you are actually a UPS employee that used to work at FedEx and is just having fun.

S

swing extra

bbsam must not be paying taxes to be claiming he is making a good living at fedex ground.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Ethics? Does UPS pay drivers $26/hr. because they are ethical and care about their people?

no they pay us $28/hr

because we DO care about our customers, TRY and go out of our way everyday for them, even when management puts it to us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow mrfedex, I hope you are a caricature on this site. Hopefully you post with a smile on your face as a joke. I suspect you are actually a UPS employee that used to work at FedEx and is just having fun.

Nope, I'm a real FedEx employee who is tired of being jacked-around by a ruthless and greedy upper management team. Read the recent posts by the driver from FedEx Freight and see if I'm really on the lunatic fringe with what I have to say about the organization. Fred S deserves a unionized workforce...I'm trying to give him one. That's it.

F

FedEx All the Way!

Ethics? Does UPS pay drivers $26/hr. because they are ethical and care about their people?

no they pay us $28/hr

because we DO care about our customers, TRY and go out of our way everyday for them, even when management puts it to us.

Please give us all a break!!!! I have a friend who called UPS to track her package and they told her it was delivered on 2006 - no really. They also took her number and said they will try and track the package and call her back. At that point, she went on-linE to track her package and it provided her with the same information. GREAT TRACKING SYSTEM! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

bbsam

Of course I pay taxes, silly wage slave! I also pay workman's comp, dead head insurance, fuel expenses, etc. etc. And get this--I like my business. The fact of the matter is that contracting isn't for everybody. But I see no reason why those who show such conntempt prior to investigation should propogate their ignorance with the spreading of lies and half truths. Around here, people buy routes. That's right, they pay people to take their routes and run them as businesses. Now you tell me. Who borrows $95,000 to buy a route without knowing what they are getting into? By the way, I'm going to make even more this year than last in this horrible economy because even though we are not growing as much as projected, we are still growing. Hmmm? I wonder where all those packages are coming from? Hey look, capital letters!

New Englander

Of course I pay taxes, silly wage slave! I also pay workman's comp, dead head insurance, fuel expenses, etc. etc. And get this--I like my business. The fact of the matter is that contracting isn't for everybody. But I see no reason why those who show such conntempt prior to investigation should propogate their ignorance with the spreading of lies and half truths. Around here, people buy routes. That's right, they pay people to take their routes and run them as businesses. Now you tell me. Who borrows $95,000 to buy a route without knowing what they are getting into? By the way, I'm going to make even more this year than last in this horrible economy because even though we are not growing as much as projected, we are still growing. Hmmm? I wonder where all those packages are coming from? Hey look, capital letters!

As fuel prices increase......it makes ordering online seem all the better option.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
UPS does pay us very well and in result we take our jobs very seriouslly, to us they are not just some $12 an hour job they are our careers. That is where Fed-Ex is missing the boat, yout time is coming dont wory. The drivers not the contractors will open their eyes some day and then they will reakize that it is them with the power not the management and not the contractors. FYI here in Ca. the ground drivers I come across are not happy and things only seem to be getting worse. Also now its $28.97+full benefits+pension+JOB SECURITY!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPS does pay us very well and in result we take our jobs very seriouslly, to us they are not just some $12 an hour job they are our careers. That is where Fed-Ex is missing the boat, yout time is coming dont wory. The drivers not the contractors will open their eyes some day and then they will reakize that it is them with the power not the management and not the contractors. FYI here in Ca. the ground drivers I come across are not happy and things only seem to be getting worse. Also now its $28.97+full benefits+pension+JOB SECURITY!

AMEN!!!

Actually, Soon UPS pay will be 30+ p/h for top scale drivers+ a benefit package, last I checked when you add the expense for H&W & Pension costs UPS an additional 1800-1900 p/month. No expense to the employee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

May be as soon as February if they take our raise for Health and Welfare.

That may be small potatoes when compared to what I envision, which is employee contribution to health care costs. I am not talking about our deductible--I am talking about paying a portion of the premium for our health insurance.