Indirect gun delivery

MAKAVELI

No he is in the Army out of Ft. Carson, Co his unit just got deployed to Jordon. I am "assuming" it a safer deployment than Iraq X2 but he is still halfway around the world and won't see his family for 8+ months.
I guess that is part of being in the military. At least he is not in a war zone. That's something to be thankful for.

!Retired!

Guns are not marked. That would make them prime theft targets. Exactly

Once you know the size and shape of the box, they are very easy to pick out of a pile. Irrelevant.

Like other shippers, gun manufacturers only use their initials for a company name on the return address. Typically when they come from the manufacturer, they are signee must by over 21 and have to check ID. Private shippers are supposed to, but do not always. Exactly

We pick up from a manufacturer and all their long guns go out 'sig required, over 21, check ID.' Cannot 'leave at' must deliver to that address, but anyone over 21 can sign. True

I never saw the package. I'm just going on what the Chief told me. HE is the one who said it was marked 'gun'.
I see..

TUT

From my experiences:

A package marked GUN depends on the label being compliant and marked GUN and I am not aware of that service nor is anyone from Fedex in this thread. Shippers think that putting their own stickers on a package matters, it could randomly, but from Sales telling me that the drivers aren't responsible for customer labeling, only official marks on the actual shipping label(s) or official carrier supplied labels.

As someone mentioned in #3 above, it looks as if per the Service Guide firearms are to only go out Proirity Overnight, so if this went anywhere, Fedex would probably lay blame totally on the shipper for violating the Service Guide. A lot of people just want to play dumb shipper, but those that do ship for companies should be shipping experts to the point they read the carriers Service Guide's, why settle for less?

!Retired!

As someone mentioned in #3 above, it looks as if per the Service Guide firearms are to only go out Proirity Overnight, so if this went anywhere, Fedex would probably lay blame totally on the shipper for violating the Service Guide.
Correct, it should ONLY go out P1.

And FedEx would be correct. A gun manufacturer should know the proper procedure for shipping weapons. Why risk your license?

bbsam

Staff member
I think the P1 designation is for handguns only which cannot be transported through the Ground network.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I can 100% guarantee you that I deliver handguns to a local gun store.
They come from various shippers. They are usually ASR or DSR.
They are NEVER P1. And, ALWAYS in a FedEx Express box. (usually medium box)

whenIgetthere

I can 100% guarantee you that I deliver handguns to a local gun store.
They come from various shippers. They are usually ASR or DSR.
They are NEVER P1. And, ALWAYS in a FedEx Express box. (usually medium box)

One route here has a large firearms retailer on it. They get minimum five packages a day, usually 10-12. All firearms, almost always Express Saver or 2-Day. All are ASR. Any damage, that package is opened and all firearms accounted for prior to signing the powerpad. One gun was missing from a shipment a couple of years ago, and the internal fedex investigation went on for what seemed months. Any packages I see for them that are damaged go right down the belt for manager and csa to code as damaged.

SmithBarney

Not sure if it was mentioned, I'm fairly familiar with the express side.
All guns are to be shipped ASR, P1, in nondescript packaging.(and an address that is not easily identifiable as a gun shop/manufacturer ie Smith and Wesson = SAW)
And one side of the transaction must be a FFA license holder
(sometimes folks can ship a gun back for repairs to a manufacturer to be returned directly)

Unfortunately I'm not sure how some shippers get away with it, but they regularly ship 2day or saver..
but the policy which I have read in the STA states P1 is required.