Ineligible to receive retro pay?

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Are you going to grieve for penalty pay then, since they haven't paid you correctly for 9 months or so? If it was in effect, you should win that hands down. Any grievances on new language before Monday? Haven't seen any 22.4 jobs.

Contract went into effect Apr 29th. Pay is only thing that goes back to Aug 1.

What about 710 and 705?

Mo19072

Exactly wer
Are you going to grieve for penalty pay then, since they haven't paid you correctly for 9 months or so? If it was in effect, you should win that hands down. Any grievances on new language before Monday? Haven't seen any 22.4 jobs.

Contract went into effect Apr 29th. Pay is only thing that goes back to Aug 1.
Exactly we’re talking about pay. Both your statements contradict each other.

pbpa_1225

I mentored a new driver back in October. He has since gained seniority and is a cover driver. I am assuming as he did was not here prior to 8/1/19 he Wilkins not be reliable for retro pay. Out steward and BA both didn’t seem to have any viable answer to that. Just looking out for the kid. Would be a nice little kick for him.

Observer

What's sad is that this retro pay even had to happen AGAIN. Get together - settle the contract and stop playing golf. At least it didn't last as long as that group waited in Louisville. What was that one - four year to get the new contract ratified?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
i would imagine payroll and accounting will want to "clear the books" so to speak on the retro matter and that all employees who have union hours worked during the contract extension will get paid regardless of whether there still employed or still a teamster. im not saying mistakes wont be made, but i highly doubt any intentional underhanded thievery will actually go on. its not worth the hassle on there end to save a few bucks.

upschuck

Exactly wer

Exactly we’re talking about pay. Both your statements contradict each other.
And another thing, the only reason that we are getting retro pay is because Aug 1, 2018 is a date, which the contract, which went into effect Apr 29, specifically states raises will be had. If it didn't have those specific dates, you would only be getting this week, as retro pay(assuming ups's lack of quick action on getting raises in system.)

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
What about someone who was a part-time union employee, but went into supervision. Will they get retro pay?

Yes, anyone who worked hourly that went to management full time will get the retro check of the hrs they worked hourly. The real question is will it include hrs. worked overtime.