Ineligible to receive retro pay?

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Contract is for union employees, not management . They have never worked as covered employee under the ratified new contract
If the the new contract is retro dated to Aug 1 , 2018 (Which it is). then it possible for a example a driver who drove from Aug. 6 2018 to to March 1, 2019 then became a OnRoadSup March 2, 2019 receive back pay. Wheither you agree with it or not is one thing but they are getting back pay.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
If the the new contract is retro dated to Aug 1 , 2018 (Which it is). then it possible for a example a driver who drove from Aug. 6 2018 to to March 1, 2019 then became a OnRoadSup March 2, 2019 receive back pay. Wheither you agree with it or not is one thing but they are getting back pay.
What are you basing your confidence on?

upschuck

The contract went into effect Apr 29th. The only reason people will get retro is because the contract specifically state raises began Aug 1. In that example, the employee did not work under the contract which started Apr 29.

It's up to the company, if you'll get retro, you have no contractual rights to that money, and with the cost cutting being done now, it's anybody's guess.

upschuck

with that reasoning the contract should expire 5 years from that date. but it dont
Why wasn't everybody getting paid contractual rates, then?

Because the contract was not in effect yet. I'd be filing grievances for penalty pay and everything, since I wasn't paid correctly.

I thought this was elementary stuff, but evidently it is not.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They are under no obligation to give someone a retro check who was not employed as of april 29. Or if that employee is no longer part of the collective bargaining unit.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Lawdegree.net
Check it out @scooby
I think that person you quoted was talking to BUG. Too bad though, I had to get my degree the old fashioned way....

pay a boatload of money, sit in miserable classes, and not be able to cheat with the internet. Now, I don't even work in the field I was educated in. Makes sense.