Inflation

charm299

That chart kind of illustrates a key difference between the current inflationary period, with the inflation of the early 80s. The massive gap between the truth (real inflation,) and the lies (official inflation.)

In the 80s you could earn 10-18% interest for doing nothing.
Today, we'll be lucky if can get 6-10% (when we should be at 12-20% right now.)

Plus, jobs are now being lost, food cost is inflating, energy is being squeezed (making food go higher still,) consumer confidence is wavering going into Fall & Winter, the Fed is probably going to hike rates 4 more times before the election, and the election means nothing is going to change until possibly Summer of '25...

And through it all, the average American's checking & savings account is still only earning 0.1% to 0.17% monthly interest.
I earn over 4% savings account at capital one but I get your point

Thebrownblob

The good old days
1691637984855.png

Over70irregs

That chart kind of illustrates a key difference between the current inflationary period, with the inflation of the early 80s. The massive gap between the truth (real inflation,) and the lies (official inflation.)

In the 80s you could earn 10-18% interest for doing nothing.
Today, we'll be lucky if can get 6-10% (when we should be at 12-20% right now.)

Plus, jobs are now being lost, food cost is inflating, energy is being squeezed (making food go higher still,) consumer confidence is wavering going into Fall & Winter, the Fed is probably going to hike rates 4 more times before the election, and the election means nothing is going to change until possibly Summer of '25...

And through it all, the average American's checking & savings account is still only earning 0.1% to 0.17% monthly interest.
Bam 💥

Thebrownblob

You also have to be 65 to retire. I’ll keep mine
So many of these people who use these examples have no idea what they are talking about. I’ve heard people use the UAW and the John Deere contracts to compare to ours. Neither one of those are comparable either in what we do, nor are they even close to what we make and what we get overall.