Inflation

Up In Smoke

IMO, interest rates are in healthy range for investors and savers. Higher rates will allow investors to rebalance their portfolios closer to 60-30-10 ratios. Savings rates above the median dividend rate, allows retirees to take risk off with their retirement income.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
GDP growth of 4.9% is the best level since Q4 21 and one of the best quarters in the last quarter century. The consumer is still driving the economy.
The consumer is driving the economy with a record 17 trillion in consumer debt? That's a scary thought.
My guess is government is driving an inflated and deceptive GDP.
185,000 home foreclosures through mid year.
Highest number of car repossessions in 3 decades.
8% mortgage interest (estimate of 5% in 2025)
5-7% new/used car intrest rate for good credit.

Up In Smoke

Y= C + I + G +NX
Our GDP is broken out into four categories. Consumer Spending which makes up 70% of GDP, Business investment 18-20%, Government spending 13-15% and net exports 10-12%. Consumer Spending is further broken down into durable goods, non-durable goods and service spending. Housing and rental spending is not part of GDP.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Y= C + I + G +NX
Our GDP is broken out into four categories. Consumer Spending which makes up 70% of GDP, Business investment 18-20%, Government spending 13-15% and net exports 10-12%. Consumer Spending is further broken down into durable goods, non-durable goods and service spending. Housing and rental spending is not part of GDP.
Should we be worried?

Up In Smoke

Should we be worried?
I'm not worried about inflation and the health of the economy. The Fed is being deliberate with their policies and forward guidance. I am worried about the destructive course of our elected officials. Both sides are so intent on attacking the other that we may all suffer from their need to control everything. The days of compromise have come and gone, replaced by watch us blow it all up. The stock market is a scam, controlled by big money and high frequency algorithms. Stay out of debt at all costs.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'm not worried about inflation and the health of the economy. The Fed is being deliberate with their policies and forward guidance. I am worried about the destructive course of our elected officials. Both sides are so intent on attacking the other that we may all suffer from their need to control everything. The days of compromise have come and gone, replaced by watch us blow it all up. The stock market is a scam, controlled by big money and high frequency algorithms. Stay out of debt at all costs.
I don't know.
I really liked buying rental property at 2.75%. Easy 2K a month profit.

Up In Smoke

As a retired caveman truck driver, real estate and the Trump years continue to make me money.
You should have bought during the Bush and Obama years when prices fell by 50%. We bought a house for 204K in 2010 that had sold for 426K only 4 years earlier. Real estate values have blown up the last 3-4 years, where most homes have increased in value 40-50%. It's nice when your money's money makes you money.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You should have bought during the Bush and Obama years when prices fell by 50%. We bought a house for 204K in 2010 that had sold for 426K only 4 years earlier. Real estate values have blown up the last 3-4 years, where most homes have increased in value 40-50%. It's nice when your money's money makes you money.
I don't know.
Bought it in 2018 for 325. Zillow has it for 540 .
Close to the beach. Weekly rental. From May to September, get twice the total yearly payment.

Over70irregs

According to data from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the nation’s debt surpassed $34 trillion on January 4th, after briefly exceeding this milestone on December 29th. This marks a significant acceleration, considering it reached $33 trillion on September 15, 2023, and $32 trillion on June 15, 2023. Before this, the journey from $31 trillion to $32 trillion took about eight months.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
According to data from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the nation’s debt surpassed $34 trillion on January 4th, after briefly exceeding this milestone on December 29th. This marks a significant acceleration, considering it reached $33 trillion on September 15, 2023, and $32 trillion on June 15, 2023. Before this, the journey from $31 trillion to $32 trillion took about eight months.
When you’re circling the drain, you accelerate the closer you get to it.