Inflation

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I used the points to the max
Love the perks and credits too. I get $200 reimbursed for United Airlines every year. Just notched this on my current statement for Amex.
IMG_7481.jpeg

Manifesto

I hope that doesn't affect my credit card points game. Chase has one of the best/lucrative around. Maybe thats why they are in trouble? LMAO
You aren't kidding. We use our Chase credit card for basically everything and obviously pay it off every month. I think right now we're in the hundreds of dollars in points. Usually just cash it out when there's a vacation for extra cash.

You aren't kidding. We use our Chase credit card for basically everything and obviously pay it off every month. I think right now we're in the hundreds of dollars in points. Usually just cash it out when there's a vacation for extra cash.
Same here
Except I use a couple different cards because certain ones give me more cash back

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

It’s always good to do research on what’s out there. A guy I work with used to always praise something called the “Chase trifecta“ and I never really paid much thought into it. One night I decided to look into it a bit while I was being lazy and surfing the Internet. After a few minutes, I signed up for my first Chase credit card and a few months later had three of them.

Fast-forward to now and we are still using those cards but have accumulated more. But our daily driver is the Capital One venture X. It all depends on what’s earning more points. We have the Amex platinum, but it’s more or less a coupon card. Got it for the perks.

That Chase trifecta is the best thing out there though. But if I was going to only use one card and one card only it would be that capital one venture X.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Same here
Except I use a couple different cards because certain ones give me more cash back
We initially did that but transitioned to a combination of cashback, transferring to partners, credits (such as reimbursement for global entry and stuff like that), And the Apple Card for whenever we buy Apple products. Honestly, everyone has different goals so there really is no “best way“ to do all of this. But it is a good idea to be fully aware of what’s out there.

We initially did that but transitioned to a combination of cashback, transferring to partners, credits (such as reimbursement for global entry and stuff like that), And the Apple Card for whenever we buy Apple products. Honestly, everyone has different goals so there really is no “best way“ to do all of this. But it is a good idea to be fully aware of what’s out there.
My American Express gives me 3% cash back at the grocery store and the gas station
That adds up real fast

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

My American Express gives me 3% cash back at the grocery store and the gas station
That adds up real fast
There’s lots of good programs out there. Works best if you have multiple cards that you can transfer into one pool of points. If not, transfer them directly to the partners where that are typically worth more. Or just keep them with the card and use them to reimburse for travel expenses. There’s so many different ways. It’s hard to decide sometimes.

Over70irregs

I still don’t understand why people believe any politician is at fault for labor costs being passed down to consumers. Energy companies are making record profits. We produce more energy now than at any other time in history. Yet gas prices are high. That’s Biden’s fault?
No it’s about monopolies. No nation rises without increasing energy. AI will demand even more. Crazy thing is people still don’t have electricity.