Infrastructure Plan big win for Fedex

Working4the1%

Because a few prospective illegal immigrants managed to steal a ladder, the wall shouldn't have been built?

That's like being wet and cold and saying it is of no use to ever put on a jacket or build a shelter at all because it may not keep absolutely ALL of the snow and wind off of you.
A flight from Mexico to Texas is $49 one way…hint hint

bacha29

Because a few prospective illegal immigrants managed to steal a ladder, the wall shouldn't have been built?

That's like being wet and cold and saying it is of no use to ever put on a jacket or build a shelter at all because it may not keep absolutely ALL of the snow and wind off of you.
There must have been more than just a few if the influx of illegals is as bad as you claim. Should come as no surprise. They can climb over it, tunnel under it or just walk around it as many appear to have done as you have acknowledged ,
BTW Just yesterday Elon Musk observed or perhaps warned about the ongoing technology revolution when he said that the traditional job as we know it will become unnecessary and the future will belong to those who can program artificial intelligence.

Say whatever snide and disparaging remarks you want about Musk but you can't dismiss what his organization has accomplished and will accomplish in the days ahead.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He created a crisis by telling illegals to come here, then once he saw the mess he made he changed his tune. Too late sloppy joe.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There must have been more than just a few if the influx of illegals is as bad as you claim. Should come as no surprise.
Yes, read the article, it says they're walking up to border patrol and simply claiming asylum.

The wall isn't the problem, it's the stupid Democrat narrative that being poor is a valid asylum claim.

It's not.

bacha29

Yes, read the article, it says they're walking up to border patrol and simply claiming asylum.

The wall isn't the problem, it's the stupid Democrat narrative that being poor is a valid asylum claim.

It's not.
Everyone gets the opportunity to request a hearing to prove that their claim for refugee status is valid. Either they prove it or back they go to where they came from
Today the AFBF issued a report saying that we have become extremely dependent on foreign farm labor to replace the dwindling supply of domestic farm labor due to the rapidly shrinking number of family farms and the kids willing to do the work.
It went on to say that increased immigration enforcement will cost American agriculture 70 billion dollars a year in lost and reduce production . Stands to reason . Crops won't be put in the ground if there's nobody there to get it out of the ground.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Everyone gets the opportunity to request a hearing to prove that their claim for refugee status is valid. Either they prove it or back they go to where they came from
Today the AFBF issued a report saying that we have become extremely dependent on foreign farm labor to replace the dwindling supply of domestic farm labor due to the rapidly shrinking number of family farms and the kids willing to do the work.
It went on to say that increased immigration enforcement will cost American agriculture 70 billion dollars a year in lost and reduce production . Stands to reason . Crops won't be put in the ground if there's nobody there to get it out of the ground.
So illegal immigration is a solution for that problem?

No.

bacha29

So illegal immigration is a solution for that problem?

No.
Strange how you always fail to mention ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS who willfully chose not to comply with E-verify in order to hire illegal immigrants for below minimum wage.
In fact there was a construction contractor in a town I delivered to who was putting up a new store that was to be solely occupied by a major national drug chain. Activity was vibrant until one day I looked over and the place was deserted . A guy said to me..."you see what's going on over there"? I responded by simply saying, "it's not what I'm seeing. it's what I'm not seeing. " Immigration showed up here last evening. They were all a bunch of illegals" , he replied. In fact the people who built and expanded the terminal building I worked out of not a single one of them spoke English. Yet here they were putting a building up for Fat Freddy. Goes to show you that he ain't no better than anybody else.

Controlling illegal immigration has to coincide with nailing the people who employ them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Strange how you always fail to mention ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS who willfully chose not to comply with E-verify in order to hire illegal immigrants for below minimum wage.
In fact there was a construction contractor in a town I delivered to who was putting up a new store that was to be solely occupied by a major national drug chain. Activity was vibrant until one day I looked over and the place was deserted . A guy said to me..."you see what's going on over there"? I responded by simply saying, "it's not what I'm seeing. it's what I'm not seeing. " Immigration showed up here last evening. They were all a bunch of illegals" , he replied. In fact the people who built and expanded the terminal building I worked out of not a single one of them spoke English. Yet here they were putting a building up for Fat Freddy. Goes to show you that he ain't no better than anybody else.

Controlling illegal immigration has to coincide with nailing the people who employ them.
So, the Dimocrat solution for allowing hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants is to support them on the government dole?

No, they expect employers of illegals to continue and even expand their employment of these illegals.

bacha29

So, the Dimocrat solution for allowing hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants is to support them on the government dole?

No, they expect employers of illegals to continue and even expand their employment of these illegals.
Clearly, you've never heard of E-Verify.

Mutineer

Clearly, you've never heard of E-Verify.
Clearly, you've never heard of "Sanctuary State"

I wonder how "Sanctuary State" squares with E-verify?

As an example:
Pot farms and dispensaries are against Federal law.
And yet they are operating in a quasi-legal manner all over California.

...but but but how is this possible?

Cuz the gov't of California is enabling, and turning a blind eye to those who are breaking Federal laws they disapprove of. Including and especially everything to do with their precious, pet immigrants.

Enforce immigration laws, severely restrict green card and work visas.

Instead of immediate abolition, applied incrementally in a slow, reasonable time frame.

At the same time, heavily concentrate on and create any and all manner of incentives and programs for the development/training/hiring in trades and skills for citizens. Especially Veterans.

As the former Confederacy lost their slaves, the region found other ways to do their crap-work, and pick their crops.

Undoubtedly, American businesses and employers can survive without exploiting immigrants and leaving citizens under/un-employed.

But please, continue being a miasma-spewing shill for those who want working-class citizens jobless, homeless, displaced, and replaced. Maybe if they see you've bowed, scraped, curtsied, genuflected, and groveled a sufficient amount, they'll go easy on you and your descendants.

falcon back

Aren't you retired? You don't believe things have changed since you retired as far as immigration goes?

bacha29

Clearly, you've never heard of "Sanctuary State"

I wonder how "Sanctuary State" squares with E-verify?

As an example:
Pot farms and dispensaries are against Federal law.
And yet they are operating in a quasi-legal manner all over California.

...but but but how is this possible?

Cuz the gov't of California is enabling, and turning a blind eye to those who are breaking Federal laws they disapprove of. Including and especially everything to do with their precious, pet immigrants.

Enforce immigration laws, severely restrict green card and work visas.

Instead of immediate abolition, applied incrementally in a slow, reasonable time frame.

At the same time, heavily concentrate on and create any and all manner of incentives and programs for the development/training/hiring in trades and skills for citizens. Especially Veterans.

As the former Confederacy lost their slaves, the region found other ways to do their crap-work, and pick their crops.

Undoubtedly, American businesses and employers can survive without exploiting immigrants and leaving citizens under/un-employed.

But please, continue being a miasma-spewing shill for those who want working-class citizens jobless, homeless, displaced, and replaced. Maybe if they see you've bowed, scraped, curtsied, genuflected, and groveled a sufficient amount, they'll go easy on you and your descendants.
E Verify requires all employers to submit documentation to E Verify proving that the individual they wish to hire has met the eligibility requirements to work in the US. California's agriculture is a major economic driver as you no doubt know. Much of it still requires huge quantities of hand labor. Restrict green cards and work visas then just exactly who are you going to get to go out there in that 110 degree heat to plant, maintain and harvest those crops? Who do you have lined up to replace them?
Veterans programs? We've had them for years. Training them all you want but first make certain that the jobs you're training them for will still be in existence in a few years.. And we've had the GI Bill for generations.

And for doing crap work today you can't by law force a person to do a job they're not interested in doing. As for what the southern states did following the destruction of the confederacy they created share cropping . Another proud creation of the old south.

I am not a supporter of illegal immigration but we as a nation have ourselves to blame for the inability of an immigration reform bill to make it onto the floor of congress. Furthermore the crisis is multiplied by a changing economy that is creating a sharp division between the highly educated professionals who are experts in their field which is often focused on the elimination of blue collar lesser skilled jobs through the use of technology driven automation.... and the rest of us.

Elon Musk has put the nation on notice. Technology is advancing quickly. Either you learn to run it....or it runs you.

yadig

E Verify requires all employers to submit documentation to E Verify proving that the individual they wish to hire has met the eligibility requirements to work in the US. California's agriculture is a major economic driver as you no doubt know. Much of it still requires huge quantities of hand labor. Restrict green cards and work visas then just exactly who are you going to get to go out there in that 110 degree heat to plant, maintain and harvest those crops? Who do you have lined up to replace them?
Veterans programs? We've had them for years. Training them all you want but first make certain that the jobs you're training them for will still be in existence in a few years.. And we've had the GI Bill for generations.

And for doing crap work today you can't by law force a person to do a job they're not interested in doing. As for what the southern states did following the destruction of the confederacy they created share cropping . Another proud creation of the old south.

I am not a supporter of illegal immigration but we as a nation have ourselves to blame for the inability of an immigration reform bill to make it onto the floor of congress. Furthermore the crisis is multiplied by a changing economy that is creating a sharp division between the highly educated professionals who are experts in their field which is often focused on the elimination of blue collar lesser skilled jobs through the use of technology driven automation.... and the rest of us.

Elon Musk has put the nation on notice. Technology is advancing quickly. Either you learn to run it....or it runs you.
You just don’t get it, sad.

Mutineer

exactly who are you going to get to go out there in that 110 degree heat to plant, maintain and harvest those crops? Who do you have lined up to replace them?
LMAO! There are waaay more than enough of them to "pick crops." And you advocate for bringing MORE of them?

Except they don't want to pick crops either. And have dominated and ruined all manner of formerly decent, living-wage occupations.

I'm living in this, and telling exactly how it is.

You live in the Jing Weeds and are telling me what it's all about?

That's like citing a weather forecast thousands of miles away from you, and arguing about what the weather is like with a person who is presently occupying that location.

educated professionals who are experts in their field which is often focused on the elimination of blue collar lesser skilled jobs
How does it square in your mind that excessive immigration (which it has been for many years) helps that problem?
And we've had the GI Bill for generations.
Been there, done that. In it's post-Vietnam era incarnation, it's composed of gotcha's, fine print, fluff, and mostly crap.

Not unlike those FedEx Ground contracts you/we signed years ago.

bacha29

LMAO! There are waaay more than enough of them to "pick crops." And you advocate for bringing MORE of them?

Except they don't want to pick crops either. And have dominated and ruined all manner of formerly decent, living-wage occupations.

I'm living in this, and telling exactly how it is.

You live in the Jing Weeds and are telling me what it's all about?

That's like citing a weather forecast thousands of miles away from you, and arguing about what the weather is like with a person who is presently occupying that location.

How does it square in your mind that excessive immigration (which it has been for many years) helps that problem?

Been there, done that. In it's post-Vietnam era incarnation, it's composed of gotcha's, fine print, fluff, and mostly crap.

Not unlike those FedEx Ground contracts you/we signed years ago.
"More than enough". I'll take the AFBF judgement well before yours. However it doesn't really matter because if increasing drought conditions continue in your area you won't be growing much of anything. And by the way I've never advocated for more of them. I've advocated for trying to do something in the area as to WHY they are traveling hundreds of miles to get to the US Southern border?
At the heart of the matter as it pertains to the northward migration is.... OVER POPULATION. And you and I both know it. And until population numbers down there get in line with the ability of resources in that area to support it the migration will continue.

As expected you discredit veterans benefits programs. Should we get rid of them all together? If they can't materially assist veterans in getting the kind of jobs that the future demands why continue to fund them? If they can't turn out engineers in all disciplines, physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists CPA's ,climatologists ,agronomists, tenured college professors, scientists etc, why should we continue to fund them? The future belongs to the most intellectually gifted among us. That's an ugly reality but reality nevertheless. No matter how many illegals get through or are apprehended

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"More than enough". I'll take the AFBF judgement well before yours. However it doesn't really matter because if increasing drought conditions continue in your area you won't be growing much of anything. And by the way I've never advocated for more of them. I've advocated for trying to do something in the area as to WHY they are traveling hundreds of miles to get to the US Southern border?
At the heart of the matter as it pertains to the northward migration is.... OVER POPULATION. And you and I both know it. And until population numbers down there get in line with the ability of resources in that area to support it the migration will continue.

As expected you discredit veterans benefits programs. Should we get rid of them all together? If they can't materially assist veterans in getting the kind of jobs that the future demands why continue to fund them? If they can't turn out engineers in all disciplines, physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists CPA's ,climatologists ,agronomists, tenured college professors, scientists etc, why should we continue to fund them? The future belongs to the most intellectually gifted among us. That's an ugly reality but reality nevertheless. No matter how many illegals get through or are apprehended
You seem to think E-Verify can magically solve the illegal immigrant problem. Is it going to feed, clothe, and shelter them when employers comply and refuse to hire them? Or is the government (you and me) going to provide that. Are you going to pay the lion’s share because you voted for this administration?