Infrastructure Plan big win for Fedex

bacha29

I bet I owe less than you do. Beauty of being retired on a small pension. But I digress. Everywhere they put up a substantial amount of the wall, including before covid, the numbers went way down. The Border Patrol backing a decent wall makes all the difference.
Of course you owe less than I do when you don't pay anything to begin with. When you start stroking a check payable to the "United States Treasury" like I do every 3 months then I'll start taking your political views seriously.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If the American people are willing to foot the bill even if it means a tax increase? Lots of quack and no jack leaves you stuck in the same track. The cost of placing the kind of highly mobile resources needed to effectively stop illegal crossings along a border nearly 2000 miles long would be staggering. If such an effort were to become a mandated annual budget item that has to be funded with a federal income tax surcharge of say 10% you so called conservatives would never allow the bill requiring it to get out of committee.
The biggest advocate for rampant excessive government spending claims that it'd cost too much to enforce our immigration laws. I can't make this stuff up!

I'd say that your logic is stupid, but I don't think you use any.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Of course you owe less than I do when you don't pay anything to begin with. When you start stroking a check payable to the "United States Treasury" like I do every 3 months then I'll start taking your political views seriously.
When should we start taking your political views seriously?

vantexan

453 miles have been built, but most of it was to replace existing walls. 351 miles of primary wall and 22 miles of secondary wall were replaced. Only 80 miles of new wall were constructed, 47 miles of primary wall and 33 miles of secondary wall. There is a lot more that has been funded and under construction at this time. This information came from a report on January 8, 2021 by the US Army Corp of Engineers and US Customs and Border Protection.
But what you aren't saying is much of that wall that was replaced was low lying and rickety and didn't stop anyone. Where the new wall was put up crossings went way down from before. And no, construction has stopped. And much more would've been built had Trump not been delayed by Democrats and ultimately had to win in court to use funds to build the wall.

Last edited:

vantexan

Spot on. Less than 20% of the US border has a wall. Only 1600 miles to go and most of that on the roughest terrain the border has to offer. Some reports suggest that the only truly effective border security would involve the use of top security level electronic surveillance with the manpower required to operate it and to apprehend those caught trying to cross.

It all comes down to money. And yet here you have Old Tex who freely admits that he hasn't paid a dime in FIT in years .
Yah, my few dollars stopped the wall, lol.

vantexan

Why would I pay every three months? I'm not running a business. No worries, overseas in January, should start saving about $1000 a month then, will take care of my taxes shortly after. In the meantime not being a burden on anyone, not milking the government for anything, and not having to work with the likes of you anymore.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Spot on. Less than 20% of the US border has a wall. Only 1600 miles to go and most of that on the roughest terrain the border has to offer.
I like how you think you're making a valid point and then undermine it in the very next sentence.

You don't need a wall in the rough terrain. You need a wall where it's easy to cross. And you don't need it to completely stop every person, you need it to slow them down so border patrol can get there.

That's why Democrats love these hordes and the border crisis. They want border patrol overwhelmed. They want the entire system overwhelmed, because they want it dismantled.

You people have no respect for borders because you have no respect for the country they define.

Working4the1%

I like how you think you're making a valid point and then undermine it in the very next sentence.

You don't need a wall in the rough terrain. You need a wall where it's easy to cross. And you don't need it to completely stop every person, you need it to slow them down so border patrol can get there.

That's why Democrats love these hordes and the border crisis. They want border patrol overwhelmed. They want the entire system overwhelmed, because they want it dismantled.

You people have no respect for borders because you have no respect for the country they define.
I see you are having a hard time with demographics again…

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I see you are having a hard time with demographics again…
Not at all. It's leftists like you who are obsessed with dividing Americans into groups.

abdddf2062436a567aa1f047dd4018e132e4e7ef702e461c76cd6893d0864507_1.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm sorry, are you trying to say anything in your link is a bad thing? Because if so, you're obviously wrong.

Do you just Google stupid phrases like 'Roosevelt racist' and copy paste the first link you think fits your narrative? Because these kind of silly half assed attempts you make are pretty common.

I would be surprised if you even read that lol.

SFFX

Solving the worlds problems with talking points and anecdotal evidence on a random message board about Fedex. Wow what Dorks, how about helping a stranger or doing something good for neighbor unprovoked. Such angry miserable dorks!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Solving the worlds problems with talking points and anecdotal evidence on a random message board about Fedex. Wow what Dorks, how about helping a stranger or doing something good for neighbor unprovoked. Such angry miserable dorks!
Lol.
No no fren, didn't you get the talking points?
Christianity is evil. Helping people is the government's job, not us little peons.

falcon back

You are never gonna win an argument about politics. The other guy won't change your mind and you won't change his. No reason to try.

Lordtekk

Not at all. It's leftists like you who are obsessed with dividing Americans into groups.

View attachment 360581

In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” Fixed it, you left out the first part. You're Welcome.​

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” Fixed it, you left out the first part. You're Welcome.​

Excellent.
That's exactly the Republican view.
Democrats want only to divide us.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

The United States of America IS a collective, the longstanding Melting Pot. You don't cook a stew à la carte.

bacha29

Why would I pay every three months? I'm not running a business. No worries, overseas in January, should start saving about $1000 a month then, will take care of my taxes shortly after. In the meantime not being a burden on anyone, not milking the government for anything, and not having to work with the likes of you anymore.

Once again you freely admit that the sole reason you're going out of country is to exploit the very poverty the people of that nation are trying to escape. There's no denying it because you placed it right at the top of your reasons for going. So what makes you any better and more righteous that the people you are condemning? All coming from a guy who by his own admission has paid no federal income tax in years.

So when it comes to your political views....when you start PAYING....I'll start LISTENING.....Because the old saying can never be more appropriate and correct....especially in your case...."Money talks and bull crap walks.