FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Shove it up your V hole
5CB4F5DD-94B6-4505-8B9B-A823E04214CC.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FYI: OSHA says 30 days.
The company ssys 30 seconds.
The answer is 30 days.

It is 30 days; however, I would not want to be the employee who waits until the 30th day to report an injury.

The best advice was given above-----report all injuries, no matter how minor, immediately. The same goes for accidents-----call your center immediately-----do not take matters in to your own hands by trying to make a deal with a homeowner over a very minor property damage accident.

F

Frankie's Friend

It is 30 days; however, I would not want to be the employee who waits until the 30th day to report an injury.

The best advice was given above-----report all injuries, no matter how minor, immediately. The same goes for accidents-----call your center immediately-----do not take matters in to your own hands by trying to make a deal with a homeowner over a very minor property damage accident.
Dude, you forgot the date you think the geese fly south and how long an iguana can have sex.
The question was a legal one about the deadline for filing an osha recordable injury. That would encompass a condition that arises in a progressive manner where any employee would be aware of later (ie: cabon monoxide or other fume poisoning and sickness from wirking under florescent light fixtures too long, etc).
It has nothing to do with your opinion and neither was accident reporting discussed in the post.
Dude, try to manage less and read more.

F

Frankie's Friend

In keeping with your derailed theme..@UpstateNYUPSer when @BigUnionGuy tags you in a quote about our lessened healthcare coverage saying that we all need to be smarter with the use of our benefits its not because your a guru or diva on thr subject its because he backs the ibt no matter what they do to the membership. In our area we have to take the dsy off work and drive 37 miles one way to get blood testing in network. That is the way the ibt treats the members and the puppets on here back it.

Report accidents right away.

Injuries are a state issue. I’ve waited 5 months before. Ups always has the right to dispute anything. But one argument cannot be “you didn’t report it right away” if it conflicts with state law.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In keeping with your derailed theme..@UpstateNYUPSer when @BigUnionGuy tags you in a quote about our lessened healthcare coverage saying that we all need to be smarter with the use of our benefits its not because your a guru or diva on thr subject its because he backs the ibt no matter what they do to the membership. In our area we have to take the dsy off work and drive 37 miles one way to get blood testing in network. That is the way the ibt treats the members and the puppets on here back it.

I am the furthest thing from a puppet and am by no means a Joe Union.

I stand by my assertion that Teamcare has forced us to become smarter medical consumers.

Prior to Teamcare members would rush to the ER with the sniffles. ER visits have decreased dramatically since they tacked on a $100 co-pay.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Injuries are a state issue. I’ve waited 5 months before. Ups always has the right to dispute anything. But one argument cannot be “you didn’t report it right away” if it conflicts with state law.

Two scenarios:

You get hurt and call your supervisor immediately. The injuries are such that you can finish the day and seek treatment after you punch out. The details are clear in your head as the injury just occurred.

You get hurt and rather than call your supervisor immediately you "suck it up" and keep going. Yeah, it hurts, but you don't think you need to get it checked out. A few days later you notice that the injury is starting to impact you during the day yet you still ignore it. 30 days later you finally realize that you just can't ignore it anymore and you then report it before going to seek treatment. The details of the injury are not nearly as clear in your head as they were when it happened.

State law may permit it but my experience has been that it will be a lot easier for all involved in you report all accidents and/or injuries immediately.

Two scenarios:

You get hurt and call your supervisor immediately. The injuries are such that you can finish the day and seek treatment after you punch out. The details are clear in your head as the injury just occurred.

You get hurt and rather than call your supervisor immediately you "suck it up" and keep going. Yeah, it hurts, but you don't think you need to get it checked out. A few days later you notice that the injury is starting to impact you during the day yet you still ignore it. 30 days later you finally realize that you just can't ignore it anymore and you then report it before going to seek treatment. The details of the injury are not nearly as clear in your head as they were when it happened.

State law may permit it but my experience has been that it will be a lot easier for all involved in you report all accidents and/or injuries immediately.
Neither option works for an occupational injury.

F

Frankie's Friend

I am the furthest thing from a puppet and am by no means a Joe Union.

I stand by my assertion that Teamcare has forced us to become smarter medical consumers.

Prior to Teamcare members would rush to the ER with the sniffles. ER visits have decreased dramatically since they tacked on a $100 co-pay.
You have the stats? Sure you do dude. No one in our work area runs to the er with "sniffles". You assume alot dude.

F

Frankie's Friend

Two scenarios:

Uh dude, OSHA is not state law. And we dont need a lecture about reporting injuries. Unless you get hit by a car while jwalking repetitive injuries are covered under osha recordable injuries.
Ttku dude

F

Frankie's Friend

Are you talking about repetitive injuries? If so, then you are correct, as there is not normally a specific date in which the injury occurred.
Another lie. What was the "habits" program derived from. You arent even close.

brown_trousers

However, that does sound like something management would say