Injury reporting process.

aiian

I hurt my shoulder at some point on Friday. I hoped it would get better over the weekend but it's def. gotten worse.

I told the closing sup(s) but it was after 2100 so I didn't go much into detail.

What's the proper procedure here? Call in tomorrow or go up there and notify them of the injury?

I assume if I go in they'll blow it off and want me to work.

ManInBrown

Call On-Car in morning and explain situation. Tell them you are reporting to work but want to go see a Dr. You are not fit to go on-road. Or go see your own Dr. Up to you.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Go to the ups approved med center in am call them from there. Tell them you are injured and will be not available for service. Let them know you notified said sup on Friday of your injury.

box_beeyotch

If you already told him, you basically covered yourself in my opinion. Knowing management though they will tell you you have to come in anyway at which point you go out on road, call in a few hours later and tell them your shoulder is hurt and you can not continue.

UPSGUY72

Go to work in the morning Drive to your first or second stop than call the building and say you got injured. Or call your SUP in the morning and tell them the injury you reported to them on Friday hasn't gotten any better and you calling in and going to see a DR.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Almost the exact same thing happened to me. I can tell you what I did. That may or may not be the proper procedure where you are. I hurt my shoulder pulling a 5th wheel on a thursday night. I heard it pop, but being an old fart, I creak and pop all the time. There was a small pain associated with it, but I didn't mention it when I got back to the building. During the night and the next day, it got worse and worse. I got to where I couldn't lift my arm up higher than my waist. I called the feeder department where I work and they put me through the gauntlet on the phone till I got to the center manager. He wanted to know why I hadn't reported it when it happened. I told him the whole story. They told me to go to the company doctor asap...they gave me some pain meds and sent me next door to an MRI place, which after several days told me the results: A torn rotator cuff. Bottom line they knew I wasn't jaking them around with a made up injury. Tried therapy only for several months. Didn't work. Then surgery and more therapy. That was august 2013, and my shoulder still hurts. Get it looked at. Make decisions about how you want to go about your rehab very carefully.

otizanig

You will need an exact place and time. Any info not given may affect the validity of your claim and UPS may deny it. Go over your day and think where have occurred. It will save you grief later.

BrownTexas

You will need an exact place and time. Any info not given may affect the validity of your claim and UPS may deny it. Go over your day and think where have occurred. It will save you grief later.
Also remember what you tell them. They will ask 100 times, 100 different ways. They will want to make sure your telling the truth, so stick to what you "did" to hurt it and never change from that.

If you told sup, you are covered. Go in to work tomorrow and tell manager you were injured and can't work. He will want you to go to a ups clinic. Do it. They will clear you to go back to work no matter how much you hurt. After clinic go back to center, turn in paper work, and tell mgr. you still Can't work. You now have the right to see your own doctor. Be honest with him with your level of pain.Have him note what your restrictions are, if any. Let center know ASAP what your restrictions are. I hope you are ok and this is only temporary.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you get hurt immediately call supe n let them know over the phone. Tell them you want them to at least document it when you get back to center to cover your butt so its at least on paper, that way they cant weasel their way out of it cause you know they will lol. Judgement call by you after that if you can finish up your shift or want to wait til next day to see how you feel. If you really hurt yourself bad and you know you did, I would immediately call 911 and let the ambulance take you to the hospital and call UPS and let them know your on your way to the hospital asap in the ambulance. They wont like it but you know what? They can kiss your asczz cause your safety and your health is your number 1 priority, freak them cause they don't give a dam about you anyway and will do anything to *UCK you over anyway, sneakyasczz sumbitches are what they are. At least if you go to hospital and see a doctor they will look like complete asczzholes playing their game in front of the doctor or nurse n make themselves look so bad lmfao. Its a game to them that's all, play the game smarter than them lol.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I hurt my shoulder at some point on Friday. I hoped it would get better over the weekend but it's def. gotten worse.

I told the closing sup(s) but it was after 2100 so I didn't go much into detail.

What's the proper procedure here? Call in tomorrow or go up there and notify them of the injury?

I assume if I go in they'll blow it off and want me to work.
Don't call out and go to your own doctor,that will be a lot of headaches for you......go in tomorrow tell your manager what happened...tell him you reported it to your sup Friday when you got in.......did your sup offer to take you to the doctor Friday night?

aiian

^ No, we were both headed out the door.

He asked me what I wanted to do and I said go home and hope it feels better by Monday or something along those lines.

So just go in all Browned up and say "Oh, hey BTW I can't work today."

jaker

trolling
^ No, we were both headed out the door.

He asked me what I wanted to do and I said go home and hope it feels better by Monday or something along those lines.

So just go in all Browned up and say "Oh, hey BTW I can't work today."
Brown up and call them let them know you will not be working that day because you got hurt on Friday and you want to go to the clinic when you get to the hub

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not necessarily so but it does help.

I was having issues with loss of sensation in the tips of my fingers---turns out the nerves in my elbows were pinched. Surgery to move the nerve has helped quite a bit and, yes, it was covered by comp, even though there was no specific injury date or place.

DOK

I believe you have 3 days to report an injury anyway, so you're covered there if they try and say you technically didn't report it Friday. I would call them and tell them you're unable to work and that you did it Friday, you'd like to see the company doctor, if not you're going to your own.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I believe you may be incorrect.
So do I.

You should report it as soon as it happens.

If it is just a minor muscle pull and you can finish the day thinking it will get better, or at least not worse, you need to report it when you get back to the building.

They may not want you to call the injury in yet, but if it gets worse and you cannot work the next day, you at least reported it to your sup.

If you did not report it the night before and you cannot work the next day, UPS may fight comp saying that you did it on your own time the night before since it was not reported when it happened.

Good luck fighting UPS on this.