InsideUPS

hoser

Industrial Slob
That is my point... What is the return on the investment?

I popped open the poster, skimed over it, decided it meant nothing to me and discarded it...

I am pretty sure I could find 30+ UPSers at my center that feel the same way...

I would guess that I could find 500+ UPSers that feel the same way in the state of Florida alone.

I would further estimate that could be 15,000+ UPSers that got nothing from the poster on a national level... I think my numbers are VERY CONSERVATIVE...

A simple PCM focused for: Preloaders, Drivers, etc. would have been more effective at a fraction of the cost...

A poster on "Proper Footwear" would have been a more effective tool...
Yeah but we know how good Floridians are for reading things. Al Gore would agree :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

soeren

HI...
just a question, it´s not really about insideUPS, it´s more about UPSers.com - what sort of information can be found there? I have no access to this page because it looks that it works for U.S. employees only.

thanks
soeren.

bit

HI...
just a question, it´s not really about insideUPS, it´s more about UPSers.com - what sort of information can be found there? I have no access to this page because it looks that it works for U.S. employees only.

thanks
soeren.

Let's see.. There's usually a quick poll about something obvius. About 5 corporarate fluff articles. Probably 1 or 2 sales leads stories trying to pump me up to do someone else's job (as if I don't do that already), a link to our stock ticker (let me guess... umm down? ), a badly broken search engine, poor naviation / usability, and the whole site is guarenteed 10000% not to offend anyone (which means no forums or boards because we can't trust our employees, so punish them all)

Did I miss anything?
Oh yeah, discounts to a lot of companies, but I can't get discounted shipping.

I think that covers it. Unless you've drank the kool-aid, it's pretty worthless.

soeren

hm, that sounds great...

but at least i get 15% discount on every package which i send via MBE shops, better than nothing but for the majority of this what i send i usually use the local post service for a fraction of the cost with ups :)

satellitedriver

BAU....the publication was called The Big Idea. Greg Niemann was the head and each area had their own editors. My hubby was an editor in Utah and the paper had all sorts of local-type news.......who had a new baby, an interesting vacation, etc. The news was about your fellow UPS'ers in the area. I knew most of the people I was reading about. It was a fun paper.
I agree. I was suprised to see my picture in it. I had only worked at UPS for about 6 months. Somehow, it made me feel more connected to the big picture. It was just more personal.