Insight on coworkers claiming harassment? On Topic

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Also, if I see a hazmat not loaded correctly and the preloder refuses to properly load it, then how is it supposed to get loaded correctly? At some point someone has to load it correctly which turns out is supposed to be me. So I do at times have to do other peoples job for them.

Here's an idea.

Enter in the safety log you saw haz-mats not being loaded properly. No names, no truck numbers.

Suggest management does a PCM and possibly training for the proper loading method.

That should take you at least 15 minutes one morning.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You did rat him out and you don't have to do anybody else's job but your own.

We have guys just like you in my building, and they aren't respected or appreciated by anybody but the managers and the other safety committee members.
You really need to get over yourself.

P.S. Remember, you're the one came here asking for opinions. Don't get upset when you don't hear what you want to hear.
I'm not upset, I know exactly where you guys are coming from and I completely understand your judgement. Even if my original question is not being answered, I am receiving tons of feedback on other areas of my job that will be useful to better myself. I realize my mistakes and can only work toward making sure I don't repeat them.

Gear

Parts on Order
Snitching or "accidentally snitching" on another union member is not acceptable, especially with Teamsters. Best thing to do is learn from your mistake and never talk about it again. Any future problems with union members should stop at the steward.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Here's an idea.

Enter in the safety log you saw haz-mats not being loaded properly. No names, no truck numbers.

Suggest management does a PCM and possibly training for the proper loading method.

This will definitely be my course of action if it continues to be an issue. But also as a rookie chsp member, I do not know of or have never heard of a safety log. So tomorrow I will be inquiring about that.

over9five

Staff member
In my building we've gone back and forth between having a safety committee and it's being disbanded..... Anyhow, now we've had one again for about a year. It bothers me, because the line between hourly/management becomes very blurry. They're paid hourly of course, but they're doing management work. They prepare slide shows, email management people, sit in the office instead of doing the job.
And you know they're talking too much.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm not upset, I know exactly where you guys are coming from and I completely understand your judgement. Even if my original question is not being answered, I am receiving tons of feedback on other areas of my job that will be useful to better myself. I realize my mistakes and can only work toward making sure I don't repeat them.

Actually, your screen name is appropriate.

All the safety committee members in my old building were nothing but clock suckers. Hell, the chair only went out on the street at peak, and then only to run airs.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Company has completely bastardized the intention and implementation of the Article 18 UNION Safety Committees.

In many areas, including mine, the Locals are completely dropping the ball in the appointing of members and monitoring the agendas for these so-called committees.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Actually, your screen name is appropriate.

All the safety committee members in my old building were nothing but clock suckers. Hell, the chair only went out on the street at peak, and then only to run airs.
I think you're comparing me with the other chsp people you work with. I can't help the reputation the committee has.

Rack em

Made the Podium
In my building we've gone back and forth between having a safety committee and it's being disbanded..... Anyhow, now we've had one again for about a year. It bothers me, because the line between hourly/management becomes very blurry. They're paid hourly of course, but they're doing management work. They prepare slide shows, email management people, sit in the office instead of doing the job.
And you know they're talking too much.
I don't make slide shows, email anyone, or sit in the office except once a month during the safety meeting. I come in 15 minutes early and check the cars for over 70s not taped or any other issue I come across. That's it

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Preloaders are crap, drivers complain.

Driver tries to fix a crappy loader, drivers call him a rat.

Everybody loves to say safety is ignored, but when someone makes an effort to make sure things are safe you guys jump on him. Unreal.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Here's an idea.

You mean the PCM you guys all ignore?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah and then when the driver gets hurt and we ask if he tested the weight you guys complain that we are trying to get out of paying a claim.

I always felt I was responsible for my own safety the yellow tape is a joke I've seen more O/70s without yellow tape than with. So with that being said you test weight before lifting
It's not that hard