Instructed to call customer? What?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Two things.

1. Customers need not know our location, ever. This is a major safety issue. You might get robbed, stuck up, etc. We haul valuable merchandise and people know it. Imagine having a customer meet you on the day of a iPhone release, for example.

2. It's the OMS's job to call customers, not ours.
I actually had them set up a meet with a completely bat :censored2: guy.

My center manager was like if you notice anything weird just lock yourself in the back of the car and call 911.

I'm like you're :censored2:ing kidding me.

underworked1

I don't give my number to any customers on my route...It's not worth the headache.
I trade numbers with the people that can be trusted. Got a guy I deliver to that works in pharmaceuticals. He gets a lot of drugs that must have 21 and over signature and I give him the heads up on when I'll be there so he can get his :censored2:. Benefits me because I don't have to keep the boxes on my truck (they are large boxes), and I don't have to go back tomorrow. He lives in a house at least 5 times more expensive than mine, not the kind of guy gonna drunk call me on the weekend or constantly ask where his package is.

Mr Shifter

*67 then the customers/who every you don't want having your number.

If you dial *67 then the number it will dial as a private call and won't let caller ID catch who the number the call it coming from.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have given my number to a few select customers and thus far they have respected my privacy. I did have a customer call me wondering where their package was and I told them I didn't know because I was in the ER with cellulitis waiting to be admitted.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Like someone said earlier. OMS's job is to talk to customers.
They have 2 choices at my center, pick it up as a same day will call or be home tomorrow.

I have given my number to a few select customers and thus far they have respected my privacy. I did have a customer call me wondering where their package was and I told them I didn't know because I was in the ER with cellulitis waiting to be admitted.
Same here. I've been on my route (seems like forever). The few select customers that have my number, know to shoot me a text if they need something. I won't answer the phone.

I get one or maybe two texts a month from them.

BUCN85

There is a small apartment complex that has no buzzer. But there are only 4 apt all close to the main door so if you knock loud enough they can hear. But one the window one customer has a note that says to call them if they have anything. First I don't carry the phone with me so I'm not going back to the truck. And second. I don't think many people realize what this job requires that we have to constantly be moving. I'm not here to play telephone so you don't answer and call me back 10 mins later.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have also given my number to a few select customers and while for the most part they use it sparingly I did have one customer who would call me on my days off to see where the cover driver was. One time she called me I told her that I was on the Mass Pike and had no idea where the driver was. Thankfully she has closed her business and is now working out of her house.

I don't meet customers on road. Invariably they never show up at the time that they say they will be there and I end up waiting for them.

I do what I can to take care of the customer but there has to be a limit.

BUCN85

Like someone said earlier. OMS's job is to talk to customers.
They have 2 choices at my center, pick it up as a same day will call or be home tomorrow.
Well funny thing is was this wasn't even a sig required package. But like I said I told oms where I would be on 2 different occasions over a 2 hr time period

Future

Victory Ride
Same goes for you. Don't text me.!!!!
image.gif

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Ask the oms if ups will be paying your cell bill for the month and where to submit it for payment. Only then can they instruct you to call people on their behalf with your phone

dezguy

We get this on our side too. Had a CSR tell me to phone a customer. Had to tell her my phone is in my pocket in case my kids' school needs to get a hold of me, not for FedEx. I was then told I had to use a customers phone to call.

Well, darn it. If it didn't just happen that I forgot to call. Forgetful me.

Last I checked, phone lines were installed back at the office for a reason.

BUCN85

I forgot to mention...the icing on the cake was I got a msg saying I will be pulled into the office for this. Good then I can make it clear to please not ask me to contact any customer. I will happily give them what they need if met on road.

tourists24

Maybe tell the center that you would go look for a pay phone to call the customer, but let them know there will be a collect call coming their way.... hehe