Instructed to call customer? What?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I don't meet customers on road. Invariably they never show up at the time that they say they will be there and I end up waiting for them.

So true. 9 times out of 10 you will end up waiting for consignee to show up no matter how much lead time you give them. People just do not grasp the concept that we are on the go ALL DAY LONG. We are never in any one spot for very long.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
jeez! every other thread you all bitch that there is no more customer service. wonder why. poor OMS is jumping through hoops trying to satisfy a customer only to get shot down by a angry disgruntled driver who just sarcastically asked her if she is going to pay his cell phone bill and basically told her to @#$% off. i can bet the next customer that calls with a concern is told sorry, nothing UPS can do for you.

Faceplanted

Oms handles phone stuff with customer not the drivers

We have messaging on the diad for this exact reason.

This customer already got serviced for the day, was not in and is expecting a service we don't provide which is 2 attempts in a day.

If oms wants to come deliver a few stops for me and do my job I might consider doing theirs.

Last edited:

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I call numbers on packages if it means getting rid of a package.

Are you still on a free nights and weekends plan or something?
Not the point...they can lick my sweaty sack if they think I'm using my phone to waste time and go out of my way to call a customer and go meet them somewhere

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is new to me. Today I was " instructed" to call a customer that wanted to meet me for their pkg. I told oms I'm way to burried to stop and call and deal with it but they could call the customer and let them know where I'll be and they can meet me. Apparently this wasn't good enough.
Call how? UPS gives you guys cell phones?

Ladies only but....selfie first.
May I have your number please?
RaquelWelchforblog5.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Actually after thinking about it, if it is medicine, I will make an effort to make a 2nd attempt.
But I do tell them my Orion numbers don't count and that my miles will be high.

Not that I give a sh#! about Orion numbers, makes them think I give a sh#!

porkwagon

This is new to me. Today I was " instructed" to call a customer that wanted to meet me for their pkg. I told oms I'm way to burried to stop and call and deal with it but they could call the customer and let them know where I'll be and they can meet me. Apparently this wasn't good enough.
Everyone who responded it's not your job to call etc is correct. I've been instructed to do the same thing but I don't like to argue with them so I just say "OK" and then not bother calling. I never use my cell to call a customer.

moldsporh

If they used the terminology of "instructing me to call the customer" my reply would have been...

" Ok, plz provide customers number and when I get to a business that will let me call I will do so asap. Orion miles and trace will be affected.

BUCN85

Update:
So there was no office netting today. I asked steward why not and was told they err trying to play hardball with me. But next time if I am instructed to call a customer I need to do so and then file.

wayfair

swollen member
I have a personal policy of not giving my # to customers.

I do have a few select customers that do have my #, but at the time I was a little too lax at my policy.

A newer customer asked for it and I told him my policy and he said he would never abuse calling me(always gets CODS, money order/certified funds) He assured that he would never abuse it.

I had to download an app for that...blacklist

Last edited:
I have a personal policy of not giving my # to customers.

I do have a few select customers that do have my #, but at the time I was a little too lax at my policy.

A newer customer asked for it and I told him my policy and he said he would never abuse calling me(always gets CODS, money order/certified funds) He assured that he would never abuse it.

I had to download an app for that...
We are not at a customers beckon call.

I don't want them to have my personal :censored2:ing phone number

Hump dump and roll

Update:
So there was no office netting today. I asked steward why not and was told they err trying to play hardball with me. But next time if I am instructed to call a customer I need to do so and then file.
I wish they would do this to me. I'd demand in the grievance that the company would have to pay my bill along with all other affected employees that have had to call the center, on-roads etc. etc.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Never use your phone to conduct company business.

I made the mistake a few years ago of calling a customer to let them know I was out front of their building w/ delivery because their bell only rang on the first floor (which is only staffed on Tuesdays and Fridays - the upsairs staff works 5 days a week but they apparently cannot hear the bell up there) and they got used to it. Long story short I called them one day, they didn't answer, I sheeted it and moved on. They called in a complaint saying I didn't ring their bell.

Fair enough. I learned my lesson. I ring their bell everytime I have a delivery now, I do not call. I haven't successfully delivered a package to them on a Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday since and quite frankly I don't care.